Hard on a cold engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: horse123
Originally Posted By: volk06
You're in the Caribbean. You have no cold temperatures.

75 degrees is extremely cold for an engine.

No, 75 is pretty good for ambient. Try 0 or -15F, then talk to us about extremely cold temperatures for engines.

Originally Posted By: Nissan101
my goodness most of you people sucks
forget it ........
if you all cant have fun with your cars, change to public transport.

You just need to realize this is an internet forum full of different opinions.

I wouldn't be concerned. Sometimes I will give my cars an Italian tune up on the highway but I haven't reved hard on a cold engine in a long long time unless I had no choice. Give it a few minutes and enjoy. I wouldn't over stress any engine anyways

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
This is normally the case with my dad, most of the times he doesnt wait until the engine is at operating temp before revving his car straight till 6000 rpm(i know its bad, increase wear etc). He been doing this for years LOL...no oil consumption. Nissan Tiida/Versa/Sentra HR16 engine.
(And im not talking within the 5 seconds of starting)
10w40 Oil
I normally wait till my car is at operating temperature before im hard on my engine .......do most of you allow your engine to be fully warmed up before revving it out?

Nissans can take it,those engines are bulletproof!
19.gif

I hope you're joking. The only time Nissan had reliable engines were late 90s to the very early 2000s. It's been majorly downhill ever since, especially since they keep trying to put stupid new technologies in the engines that majorly change the way they function. VVEL and variable compression and all that worthless [censored].

Their reliability is about FCA level these days. Awful, awful vehicles for awful people.

Your vehicle is an example of one that falls out of the "awful cars for awful people" category, being so old though.

Originally Posted By: horse123
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
This is normally the case with my dad, most of the times he doesnt wait until the engine is at operating temp before revving his car straight till 6000 rpm(i know its bad, increase wear etc). He been doing this for years LOL...no oil consumption. Nissan Tiida/Versa/Sentra HR16 engine.
(And im not talking within the 5 seconds of starting)
10w40 Oil
I normally wait till my car is at operating temperature before im hard on my engine .......do most of you allow your engine to be fully warmed up before revving it out?

Nissans can take it,those engines are bulletproof!
19.gif

I hope you're joking. The only time Nissan had reliable engines were late 90s to the very early 2000s. It's been majorly downhill ever since, especially since they keep trying to put stupid new technologies in the engines that majorly change the way they function. VVEL and variable compression and all that worthless [censored].

Their reliability is about FCA level these days. Awful, awful vehicles for awful people.

Your vehicle is an example of one that falls out of the "awful cars for awful people" category, being so old though.

Chrysler is actually pretty decent. A co-worker made the mistake of buying a Versa. He's had a lot of problems with it.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Glad I do not live nearby, driving could be dangerous there. Elder gentlemen with slower reaction time and a leadfoot is a dangerous combination.

I have a customer that's 79 years old & drag races his '57 Chevy every chance he gets, I bet money he can cut a better light than you. It's funny when he makes fun of the young pup's at the track for falling asleep on the tree.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
It's quite fascinating the number of people on BITOG that worry about cold starts in places that can't even imagine the meaning of the word.

We get it. You live in an area that gets very cold. People like myself and many other referring to "cold starts" are talking about any engine temp that is below operating temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back