Wix still make Oreilly Microgard??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the Microgard is still made by Wix
smile.gif

Same as Napa Silver

Originally Posted By: zeke1985
Purolator took over Wix? So what filters do we use now??

No. Wix and Purolator are now both owned by Mann/Hummel. So far, there is no indication that Wix and Purolator have anything to do with each other other than the same parent company.

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
... Purolator taking them over was bad and sad news

Quit spreading lies.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Yes, the Microgard is still made by Wix
smile.gif

Same as Napa Silver

Silver or Pro-Select?
I know the Walmart Supertech are basically Pro-Select filters.

Originally Posted By: blupupher

Silver or Pro-Select?

What's the difference?

silver has more pleats.. anything made in China is bad news.. some wix are now made there just like purolators. I hope quaility does not go down??? I have been a huge wix fan!

Originally Posted By: Linctex

Silver or Pro-Select?

What's the difference?

Pro-select is the jobber filter, just a step below the Silver. Pro-select does not have as much media as Silver, uses a different media (efficiency numbers are different, so I guess different media) and different center tubes (Silver has a spiral tube, Pro-select has a rolled tube).
Both use the combo valve.

No. Wix and Purolator are now both owned by Mann/Hummel. So far, there is no indication that Wix and Purolator have anything to do with each other other than the same parent company.
Exactly.

Quit spreading lies.

Thank you. Add the repeated false assertions regarding Wix/NG spin on being off shored even after being proven inaccurate on the recent Wix-Rock Auto thread. Then repeated on the promo board Napa Gold sale thread, appears to me to be trolling Wix/NG filter threads now.

To topic, as noted MG's are Wix made. Some say same as Napa ProSelect, some say same as Napa Silver, I don't know. Either way same published efficiency as the Super Tech line, but the MG's have more separate applications, less consolidation than STs. I'd say MG's a respectable value tier filter.

I know that some wix filters are made in China .. Purolator taking them over was bad and sad news

This must be that "fake news" I keep hearing about. Sad!

Please stop spreading inaccurate FUD.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

Silver or Pro-Select?

What's the difference?

Pro-select is the jobber filter, just a step below the Silver. Pro-select does not have as much media as Silver, uses a different media (efficiency numbers are different, so I guess different media) and different center tubes (Silver has a spiral tube, Pro-select has a rolled tube).
Both use the combo valve.

There was some confusion about this a while back so I emailed WIX.

The ProSelect and Silver have the same media. The Silver just has more of it, thus upping the efficiency.

The Orieilly MG and Silver are the same filter. The ProSelect and ST are also the same. HTH.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: penataquit
I know that some wix filters are made in China .. Purolator taking them over was bad and sad news

This must be that "fake news" I keep hearing about. Sad!

Please stop spreading inaccurate FUD.

Some WIX oil filters are made in China folks. This part isn't fake. Purolator taking over WIX being bad is inncorrect since WIX and Purolator are owned by the same people (Mann+Hummel).

WIX makes the Microgard air filters and IIRC many are off-shored. Less popular OPE filters as well as fuel and transmission are off shored too. I imagine the Napa equivalents are made in the same places, but that's just a guess.

My Jeep's air filter for example, the genuine WIX/ Napa Gold is made in the USA, but the MG is not..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad

The ProSelect and Silver have the same media. The Silver just has more of it, thus upping the efficiency.

If the media is exactly the same, then the filtering efficiency should also be the same. Increasing the area of the media (more pleats) doesn't change the efficiency, but will change the debris holding capacity.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: dlundblad

If the media is exactly the same, then the filtering efficiency should also be the same. Increasing the area of the media (more pleats) doesn't change the efficiency, but will change the debris holding capacity.

That's what I thought when I read the comment. As noted in my previous post, the MG line have the same published efficiency as the current WM Super Tech line. The MGs though having more separate filter applications.

As for Wix/NG coo, again as noted I've not seen any off shored 'spin on' applications including those alleged in the recent Wix/RA thread. The mentioned application for a newer Toyota 4runner would be a 'cartridge' application. A Napa ProSelect 27082 cartridge for ecotec engine posted here showed that coo and looked quite good post use. As reference many Fram cartridges have the same coo.

Both Wix filters I recently bought at Rock Auto for my Harley's and my Grand Marquis clearly have a Made in USA label on them.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac

Exactly.

Quit spreading lies.

Thank you. Add the repeated false assertions regarding Wix/NG spin on being off shored even after being proven inaccurate on the recent Wix-Rock Auto thread. Then repeated on the promo board Napa Gold sale thread, appears to me to be trolling Wix/NG filter threads now.

To topic, as noted MG's are Wix made. Some say same as Napa ProSelect, some say same as Napa Silver, I don't know. Either way same published efficiency as the Super Tech line, but the MG's have more separate applications, less consolidation than STs. I'd say MG's a respectable value tier filter.

Its not a lie !!!!--Man Hummell or Purolator, whats the difference? There are some of them made in China, just like the Tearolators!

No, Mann Hummel owns purolator and Wix, but now most are using Fram or Wix

Its not a lie !!!!--Man Hummell or Purolator, whats the difference? There are some of them made in China, just like the Tearolators!

Hmm,

lie

. . ....noun
  1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
  2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture:
  3. an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.
  4. the charge or accusation of telling a lie

verb (used without object), lied, lying.
  5. to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive.
  6. to express what is false; convey a false impression.

Saying Purolator took over Wix is a lie.
The fact is Mann+Hummel bought Wix.
Mann+Hummel also owns Purolator (as well as Mann Filters, Mann+Hummel Filters, Filtron, and MICRODYN-NADIR).
That does not mean Purolator = Wix.

Yes there are some Wix filters made in China, I also know Wix has been making air filters there well before the Mann/Hummel buyout.
I also know that as of yet, there is no sign of the Wix brand cheapening since the buyout.
Made in China ≠ junk just because of where it is made.

Hmm,

lie

. . ....noun
  1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
  2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture:
  3. an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.
  4. the charge or accusation of telling a lie

verb (used without object), lied, lying.
  5. to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive.
  6. to express what is false; convey a false impression.

Saying Purolator took over Wix is a lie.
The fact is Mann+Hummel bought Wix.
Mann+Hummel also owns Purolator (as well as Mann Filters, Mann+Hummel Filters, Filtron, and MICRODYN-NADIR).
That does not mean Purolator = Wix.

Yes there are some Wix filters made in China, I also know Wix has been making air filters there well before the Mann/Hummel buyout.
I also know that as of yet, there is no sign of the Wix brand cheapening since the buyout.
Made in China ≠ junk just because of where it is made.

I'm sorry, number three is not lying. If that were the case the weatherman would be lying many days of the year. I wish people would stop calling when someone is unintentionally wrong a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back