PUP replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since PUP is basically no where to be found where I am, I'm looking into suggestions on what I should run. Preferably not Pennzoil as I'm tired of not being able to count on their product availability.

I have a 2013 Ram w/ 5.7 Hemi and typically run my oil for 10k. I was reading good things about Castrol Edge or Magnatec and considering one of those.

Recommendations?

Having a hard time finding Pennzoil Platinum as well! Walmart was sold out of 5w20 and 5w30. Worker said they weren't for sure they would get any back in.

Is being totally loyal to a brand really going to make that much of a difference in engine longevity?

I tend to run PP, but if I can't find it, or see a deal, M1 also works. Granted, some engines like one oil or the other more, subjectively speaking, but that seems to vary between grades of one brand's oil as well.

I have only found PUP on Amazon reliably, and through the subscription process. PP and all the lower tiers of oil are just moving to the yellow bottles.

Amsoil is always available, and other than not coming in 5qt jugs (shame on you, Amsoil!) it is a great alternative. In all reality, any current synthetic is a viable alternative to PUP. Although I am biased since I have run PUP for the last 4 OCI in my Fusion, I would run QSUD without question if that was all I could get.

If no PPPP on the WM shelf I next turn to QSUD , then M1 Castrol Synthetic and then finally Valvoline Synthetic . Before that hapens though I've either chosen QSUD or have moved on to another WM 10 minutes away ...

Just pick a name brand synthetic of the proper viscosity for your truck and use it. Stressing over which name brand Synthetic is not worth it, you will keep second guessing every choice. They are all good and will keep your rig running well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back