NASCAR Just Committed Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: veryHeavy
Originally Posted By: billt460
topless girls in short pants serving drinks.
I've never been to a Nascar race, but that would work. That's pretty much why I goto Tilted Kilt and certain "Asian cafes" in California..... it isn't the food.

I cannot be angry at the bosses. They are passing rules they think will make the drivers safer. Like the Hans device and safer barriers. Perhaps if those had been mandated earlier, Dale Earnhart would be in retirement, instead of a rotting corpse in the ground.

Dale Earnhardt didn't die from lack of a HANS device or safer barriers.
His harness came unbuckled before the crash, and he was gambling that he could get to the end of the race without pitting to refasten it. The crash that killed him wasn't that bad. This is why Teresa Earnhardt battled so desperately to keep the autopsy from being released publicly.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
His harness came unbuckled before the crash, and he was gambling that he could get to the end of the race without pitting to refasten it.

The belt did not become "unbuckled". It tore as a result of the impact.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-earnhardt-seatbelt-nocut-story.html

"Four of the nine photos released show a severed left lap seat belt torn at the adjuster plate to the left of Earnhardt's leg. The others show a sealed UPS envelope which contained the belts, a backup No. 3 Chevy of Earnhardt's and a similar set of belts and how they are configured inside a car.

Daytona Beach police Sgt. Steve Szabo's report states he used a magnifying glass to examine the torn belt with Helton, Winston Cup racing Director Gary Nelson and speedway security director Tom Galloway looking on.

NASCAR committed suicide when they created the Chase. Every "fix" has made it worse. I haven't watched in a while.

Originally Posted By: whip
NASCAR committed suicide when they created the Chase. Every "fix" has made it worse. I haven't watched in a while.

I watched the Camping World Truck Race last night. And between all of the different "Stages", along with all of the wrecks, I'm surprised they didn't run the pace truck out of gas.

The Xfinity race last night almost took as long to complete as the World 600, even though it was half as long. Because all of the wrecks and silly "stages". They had a total of 10 cautions in 300 miles. The 500 wasn't much better. Cautions and pace cars are not making for "exciting racing". They've basically turned this into a demolition derby with too many commercials. I can't see this format lasting the entire season. If it does you're going to need binoculars to find anyone in the stands.

The first set of stage races were like i thought it would be. Crash,crash,crash..........and the 5 minute fix or go to the garage rule. Not many cars/trucks running at end of race. It'll be interesting at Martinsville to see how many cars will be on the track at end of race.

when the "big one" happened with 56 laps to go...i turned it off completely.
wasnt watching much up till that.
no need to after that

I thought it was a good race. Bummed that Jr. crashed but he didn't let it get him down. You guys need to chill out. If you don't like it, don't watch it, simple as that.

Originally Posted By: Red91
I thought it was a good race. Bummed that Jr. crashed but he didn't let it get him down. You guys need to chill out. If you don't like it, don't watch it, simple as that.
There's a lot of "fans disguised as seats" of late.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
There's a lot of "fans disguised as seats" of late.

I think that's the reason they painted all of the seat backs different colors. It's harder to distinguish which seats are empty. Especially when you're watching it on TV.

Originally Posted By: whip
NASCAR committed suicide when they created the Chase.

NASCAR committed to an early death when they quit racing cars with body panels from factory cars--about 1995.
It has been downhill ever since.

Originally Posted By: stroked93
Every short track in America has "heats" this emulates that. Goes back to the roots of racing. This move is aimed to recover their base. The dirt track racers from all across america. will it work? Only time will tell.

I thought that that NASCAR didn't have "heats" because that was the next level and no longer the training ground.
TOTO.

Originally Posted By: Red91

I don't watch it anymore, it's as simple as that.

I tuned into the race about 15 laps after it started and after a bit I was confused about what I was seeing and hearing.
I had no clue about the silly changes.
It won't work guys.
I love cars and NASCAR is just boring most of the time.
This new format just sums.

As I understand it, the drivers are awarded trophy's for winning the "stages", as well as the race. This falls into place with the liberal millennial view that, "everyone should get a trophy for simply participating".

Originally Posted By: hatt
Preplanned cautions to get in more commercial breaks. Now that's racing.

They have that in every "sport". There are media time outs...

Someone mentioned points.... In a sport where a team can score points (for and against), they could mean something... Or not... But I'm not seeing how they would be naturally tallied in NASCAR.

I've always felt the concept of two door family sedans with stickers for headlights was dumb enough that it wasn't worth my time or money. If it was some high end version of each maker's flagship vehicle - type thing, I think it would be more interesting and connect the race to the cars much better...

Originally Posted By: Toto
Originally Posted By: stroked93
Every short track in America has "heats" this emulates that. Goes back to the roots of racing. This move is aimed to recover their base. The dirt track racers from all across america. will it work? Only time will tell.

I thought that that NASCAR didn't have "heats" because that was the next level and no longer the training ground.
TOTO.

Do they have heats in racing in the olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back