Surfcity Garage Clayzilla used today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to try the Clayzilla today for the first time instead of using my clay as I normally do. Now I have 2007 Black Chevrolet Impala and at first the clayzilla appeared to causing some sever streaks but once I did a quick wipe down of the area I just worked I have to say I was very impressed with a mirror shine and very clean. I grabbed my normal clay just to see if I could tell any difference and I will say the clayzilla worked just as well as the clay. I am hesitant to say it was actually better but I will say I was impressed and it was much easier to use at least for me than working with the clay. Just like the clay the surface has to be kept lubricated and it is much better if the surface of the car is at a cool temp instead of a hot surface.

I was going to try clayzilla, but I was reading reviews on line and there was a dude that used it on his new dodge and it made a mess of the paint. Don't know how true it is but was enough to scare me away.

I think he was experiencing the residual streaks that I also saw but they wipe off to a very nice shine. The secret again is making sure you have a lubricated surface. I cannot really see how it could actually damage the paint unless you taped sandpaper to the bottom of it as it is pretty much just like a smooth clay surface to my touch.

With conventional clay you knead it to keep a clean surface to avoid marring your paint with embedded contaminates.

How do you do the same with the Clayzilla?

I was thinking of giving it a try, but I'm still on the fence about trying it. Thanks for the report.

I find it hard to believe their clay is any different from the clay in the kits you can buy at retail.

Originally Posted By: CKN
I find it hard to believe their clay is any different from the clay in the kits you can buy at retail.

It's not actually clay...

Just a bucket of warm water will do to rinse off the pad. With other similar products some suggest breaking it in by using it on the glass first. Also if it's dropped on the ground just dip it in the bucket of warm water and keep going. I wonder if the bad report that was mentioned had a dirty truck, where it wasn't washed first.

Surf City products have a money back guarantee if you're not satisfied.

I was going to try and post some pictures to show what I think is presumed to be paint marring but is actually just streaks that are left when you don't use enough lubricant which I also get with the natural clay. The streaks again are easily buffed out with a micro fiber towel and I think will easily be polished out if that is your next step after claying. I will try to work on posting pics but I am not the best when it comes to working with computers and smart phones. Plus we had a northern blow in and so with it came a lot of dust from the plowed field that is next to my residence....Man I knew I should have covered the car last night but I got lazy.

I used the clayzilla again today and this time used Optimum No Rinse Wash wash with water as a spray lubricant and was really pleased with the results and I think it is much easier to use then the actual clay. Not sure I get any better results but I did enjoy using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back