Recent Wix order from Rock Auto (regular inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 5/1358 is the nissan specific reference to current small minority apparently using louvers and nitrile adbv, but made in US. The 5/7356, 5/1348 and 5/1334 applications I use still show a hole center tube, the first confirmed by the OP recent manufacture. Also typical, silicone adbv and thread end bypass. As aside, haven't seen a Nissan application where the 5/7356 would fit and work.

Looking further at the NG 7561 anecdote 51 posted, that is the unique protruding engagement thread application for Audi/VW. As speculated, if not Wix made it could well be a rebadged Mann W 719/45, which some sites say is the OEM filter without the VW/Audi badging. If so, that could explain it's one off appearance/coo profile

Yes, in my case, the 57356 would work. As for Audi, I wonder if at least some of them are rebadged Mann filters, too. On my old Audi 200, I don't think the Wix was the rebadged one, but on my buddy's Audi 1.8, the Proselect was a lot "beefier" than most Wix filters I've handled of that size, which weren't slouches in the least, and had a few different construction features than an ordinary Wix. It wasn't the correct filter, in any event, so I couldn't compare it directly to the proper Mann when I swapped them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back