Tonneau cover options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 2010 F-150 and we are needing a good one that lasts. Been looking at nice tonneau covers but still can't decide. Most recommendation around here is the Truxedo Lo pro but wifey likes either the retractable or roll up. Which brand makes better quality for the best price? TIA

I installed an American Tonneau cover on my 2014 shortly after I got the truck from realtruck.com. Good quality, easy to use or remove, and very good price. This is a tri-fold not a roll up though.

I had a Tonno Pro which was fine for the year or two that I had it. It came with a torn bit of weatherstripping but they mailed me the replacement part for free (I had to superglue it into place, which was a bummer--but that's what you get when you mailorder, I guess). Down south a rollup with velcro might be the way I'd go; up here I didn't want it with snow and ice issues. The tri-fold is quick, and will lock the two rear thirds up over the front third; but if you need the full bed you have to spend a minute or two to remove, and then you have a pretty large item to deal with--and then to reinstall you have to line it back up. [It's not big work but not something you'd want to do once a week either.]

I have been using the Access tonneau covers since late 90's. Pretty good quality and hold up quite well. These guys make roll tarps for commercial grain trucks and such, so they know how to do it right.

I used the Truxedo Lo Pro on my last truck, and bought another one for my new one. The one on my old truck was eight years old when I sold it - worked fine and still looked good.

I read concerns about ice and snow. Never had an issue with it.

Access covers are also very popular and have a good reputation here.

I have the Bak Flip HD on mine. I got it 9 years ago and it has been great. Been through rain, hail, snow, serious sun and UV and it still looks great. Bak is really good if you need any replacement parts. I wanted to add an addition clamp to each side to make it a little more solid on the forestry roads I was traveling daily. They got them to me right away. The HD is metal panels with a foam core. Very solid. http://4wheelonline.com/bakflip-hd.243053.0 I did the install myself. You can install them if you have a drop in bedliner like mine but that will require some trimming of the bedliner on the end near the cab. If you have a sprayed on bedliner or, none it is a snap to install.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MNgopher
I used the Truxedo Lo Pro on my last truck, and bought another one for my new one. The one on my old truck was eight years old when I sold it - worked fine and still looked good.

I read concerns about ice and snow. Never had an issue with it.

Access covers are also very popular and have a good reputation here.

Thank you for the tips people. Could decide for Truxedo when wifey finally agrees. Will not deal much about snow so it could be a great choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back