Differential oil Infiniti G37x

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just changed my T-case today to Amsoil ATF SS. I have car since 70 000 and now at 97 000 the oil came out clean, and new like. I am guessing dealer must've changed it or it runs that clean. Anyhow I got peace of mind now and it only costed me $14.

Next in line are diffs. Infiniti calls for 80W-90 but lots of guys on Infiniti forums run 75W-90, however there is a general lack of knowledge and consensus there. I live in northern Alberta so I could definitely use thinner oil in the winter here. What do you guys think, is a good idea to go against recommendation from manufacturer?
Regardless of grade I am going to use Amsoil SevereGear.

Last edited:
for major oil brands

80w90 is conventional gear oil
75w90 is syn blend or syn

The 75w90 should/would be a full synthetic gear oil, otoh 80w90 doesn't have to be though it appears the Amsoil option is. I'd go with the 75w90 Severe Gear if choosing Amsoil. Considering your location/climate, I'd say it's the preferable choice too.

Here Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lubricant LS 75W-90 is an excellent readily available option too. Depending on Advance Auto online code available, it's price can be reduced significantly from advertised retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back