Hard on a cold engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is normally the case with my dad, most of the times he doesnt wait until the engine is at operating temp before revving his car straight till 6000 rpm(i know its bad, increase wear etc). He been doing this for years LOL...no oil consumption. Nissan Tiida/Versa/Sentra HR16 engine.
(And im not talking within the 5 seconds of starting)
10w40 Oil
I normally wait till my car is at operating temperature before im hard on my engine .......do most of you allow your engine to be fully warmed up before revving it out?

Last edited:
I cant remember a time in all my driving years that Ive needed to rev to 6000 RPM for any reason but wasteful enjoyment...

Including a LOT of driving in the caribbean.

Take the coast road from the airport in Montego Bay to Negril, about 50 miles south. The horn is the most used item on a car. How long does your father keep a car?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I cant remember a time in all my driving years that Ive needed to rev to 6000 RPM for any reason but wasteful enjoyment...

+1

Originally Posted By: volk06
You're in the Caribbean. You have no cold temperatures.

75 degrees is extremely cold for an engine.

my goodness most of you people sucks
forget it ........
if you all cant have fun with your cars, change to public transport.

Originally Posted By: Nissan101

I normally wait till my car is at operating temperature before im hard on my engine .......do most of you allow your engine to be fully warmed up before revving it out?
my goodness most of you people sucks
forget it ........
if you all cant have fun with your cars, change to public transport.

crazy2.gif

I do take it easy on the car until it's warmed up, just out of habit. However, given your climate, what your dad does is probably not all that bad. If there is some additional wear resulting from his driving, it's probably so minor, it's really not worth losing sleep over.

Just like using 20w-50 oil in your car is probably not ideal for it, but will it make your engine explode? Unlikely.

I give the gas peddle a good hard press on occasion, but I do make sure the coolant is at least up to temp and I've been driving for 10-15 minutes.

I haven't floored a peddle from a full stop since I was in my teens, minus giving the teslas insane function a go.

Not sure you have much room to talk.

My parents took my car because i did a launch and burnout in front of my university.......... and got a ticket for reckless driving
frown.gif

Give my an excuse to get it back :p

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4187865/Re:_My_parents_took_my_nissan_#Post4187865

My truck has an automatic so it has hit 6k a couple of times. Gotta say, it really starts moving when it hits 4k. Can't help it, if I wot it, it will rev to the moon.

Stickshifts, those I rarely took past 4k.

I'd say, always fully warmed up, but I live in the sticks--its only as i get into with traffic that I might go wot.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Not sure you have much room to talk.

My parents took my car because i did a launch and burnout in front of my university.......... and got a ticket for reckless driving
frown.gif

Give my an excuse to get it back :p

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4187865/Re:_My_parents_took_my_nissan_#Post4187865

Hahahaha! Good call.

This is normally the case with my dad, most of the times he doesnt wait until the engine is at operating temp before revving his car straight till 6000 rpm(i know its bad, increase wear etc). He been doing this for years LOL...no oil consumption. Nissan Tiida/Versa/Sentra HR16 engine.
(And im not talking within the 5 seconds of starting)
10w40 Oil

Nissans can take it,those engines are bulletproof!
19.gif

Have to warm it up, otherwise it won't go. Think that's been the case with quite a few of my cars.

Glad I do not live nearby, driving could be dangerous there. Elder gentlemen with slower reaction time and a leadfoot is a dangerous combination.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back