Dorman vs AC Delco

Status
Not open for further replies.
2002 Subaru Outback with 110K miles. Service history unknown prior to my purchase at 100K last year. Has recently developed a grinding groaning sound, mostly when turning or "flexing" up or down hill at an angle such as when pulling onto/off a street on an hill. Likely suspects are ball joint, control arm bushing, or end links. Need to crawl under and eyeball things more closely to see if there is obvious wear/damage somewhere.

Dorman and AC Delco both sell a control arm with ball joint for abouts the same price, and that is much easier than me having to take it somewhere to have a new bushing pressed in while my care is on jack stands and my wife is working.

Thoughts on one vs the other?

Watch any South Main Auto video and Eric O will tell you about the wonders of Dorman.

Originally Posted By: mehullica
OEM

$150 for ACDelco parts vs over $600+ parts from local Subaru dealer...not seeing that happen but willing to accept donations.

CV joint.

Doorman is my last choice. I bought Doorman SS lug nuts for my Jeep. They were fine.

But suspension, brake or drivetrain, I would go ACDelco over Doorman.

Originally Posted By: Hollow
Originally Posted By: mehullica
OEM

but willing to accept donations.

Almost spit my coffee out. Thanks for the laugh!

Most ACDelco suspension parts are by Raybestos. The value line is usually BAW from Taiwan, but not always.

I would lean toward the ACDelco in this case.

Originally Posted By: Donald
CV joint

Nope. Just installed new front axles (Subaru reman) due to split boots and bad sounds. This particular other sound has remained after the repair.

Definitely AC Delco. But make sure it's the Professional line. Just put a set of Delco Professional sway bar links on all 4 corners of my Corolla and they are at least as quality as the factory Toyota ones.

Dorman is junk in my experience. Didn't used to be that way, but it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back