Semi-auto AR-style shotguns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
So I've discovered these recently and have become quite enamoured with the idea. In Canada, they come with a couple of 5-round mags (due to our magazine capacity limit) and the few reviews I've seen appear to indicate they are pretty decent. There are numerous examples that all appear to come out of Turkey, and I would imagine are made in the same facility.

Frontier Firearms currently stocks them, our local store had some but is presently sold out. This is unfortunate, as I was hoping to handle one.

Frontier link here:
http://frontierfirearms.ca/axor-mf-2-semi-auto-12ga-bronze/

This one was on sale for $599 but is now back up to over $1K:
http://deryaarms.com/en/tum-urunlerimiz/mk-10-gen2-vr-101

Derya:
248.png

Axor:
AXOR-MF2-BT-CERAKOTED-1.jpg

Anybody have any experience with these? Feedback?

Are they restricted being based on the AR design? If they are, it would be pointless to buy one since you would only be able to shoot it at an approved range. I just read the links and saw they are non-restricted, awsome!

Last edited:
They are only AR like in their aesthetics. The gas system and bolt design is much more inline with traditional gas operated sporting shotguns (think older Franchi or Beretta designs). There was a 410 AR style shotgun out there that was more inline with an AR rifle.

Yup, they are NR, because they only "resemble" an AR-15, they aren't actually based on the platform.

They beauty of a mag-fed shotgun in Canada is that you can keep a loaded mag right next to it in the gun safe. So if you were in a (God forbid) situation where you needed to defend your home against an armed intruder, you could have it ready to go much faster than a regular shotgun, like a pump, which would need to be manually loaded.

That's what I was looking for, some info from folks who actually have shot one. It seems like a no brainer if they are reliable and feed properly.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
They beauty of a mag-fed shotgun in Canada is that you can keep a loaded mag right next to it in the gun safe. So if you were in a (God forbid) situation where you needed to defend your home against an armed intruder, you could have it ready to go much faster than a regular shotgun, like a pump, which would need to be manually loaded.

Are you not allowed to have a loaded gun in your own home?

Originally Posted By: totegoat

Correct. Guns cannot be loaded when stored or transported.

Originally Posted By: totegoat

Canadians do not have any constitutional protections to keep and bear arms.

Last edited:

If it's loaded, and at the ready to be used in the event of an intruder, how can that be considered "stored"? I can't think like a liberal.

Love the AR platform, but these seem a little too "tacticool" for my taste. I see the benefit of a mag-fed shotgun given the laws up there though.

Originally Posted By: billt460

If it's loaded, and at the ready to be used in the event of an intruder, how can that be considered "stored"? I can't think like a liberal.

That's the issue. It would have to be disabled, stored separately from the ammo, or, if you hve a gun safe, you can store the gun(s) and ammo together in the safe. But of course none of the guns can be loaded in the safe. The easiest workaround then is to have loaded mags in the safe with the guns. This makes for the fastest possible way to get from unloaded to loaded and still remain legally compliant.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
I would want to try one out and see how it functions, how reliable it is with different ammo etc. They definitely look great!

Exactly, and if it passes the test I'd like to have one.

The other thing is that the muzzle brake on those things (again, a tacticool addition im sure), will make shooting loud and certainly not fun if at the range or near others, including others at your home...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
The other thing is that the muzzle brake on those things (again, a tacticool addition im sure), will make shooting loud and certainly not fun if at the range or near others, including others at your home...

Apparently the door breacher end piece comes off when you change the chokes, and that just gives you a smooth end (no brake/breacher).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back