2014 Pentastar 3.6l - Liquid Moly Engine Flush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be a good idea to run an engine flush before doing the first oil change on a new to you 2014 Pentastar 3.6l w/ 36k miles and unknown service history? Or would running any name brand synthetic clean up any concerns that may exist? Thanks!

I would following the directions to a "t". It seems as though short oil changes do very little for deep cleaning from some cases that I've seen.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
Would it be a good idea to run an engine flush before doing the first oil change on a new to you 2014 Pentastar 3.6l w/ 36k miles and unknown service history? Or would running any name brand synthetic clean up any concerns that may exist? Thanks!

Save your money. Unless the PO never did an oil change than the motor is ok. Use a good synthetic like Pennzoil platinum.

Yea save your money and use any decent synthetic for an average interval. Maybe if the car had 136k on it would I consider it.

Originally Posted By: Audios
Yea save your money and use any decent synthetic for an average interval. Maybe if the car had 136k on it would I consider it.

+1, especially since the 3.6 is very easy on oil. Choose your synthetic and drive on....
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch

No (on the flush), unless there is a truly describable reason instead of an unsubstantiated fear or suspicion. Maybe do a UOA on the oil that came in it, then decide (maybe). Or a UOA on a new oil change interval maybe. Personally, I would not give it a second thought and run it with my choice of oil and filter as long as I did my research on the VIN and was satisfied with my own inspection of the engine.

I'd just run what I was going to normally run in it. The company Journey I had was fed bulk QSGB for 110k and ran like a top.As stated earlier this engine is easy on oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back