2007 Ford Fusion 200,000K evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have the V6 and the Aisin trans, the dipstick is marked T-IV as in Toyota trans fluid. I ran Maxlife ATF in mine and it was night and day improvement over the OEM fluid. I documented my drain and fills in the ATF section on this forum. I loved that car. It's a shame that the leaky/faulty PTU was not a recall. It costs a fortune to replace, they claim there is no repair available other than replacement, and it was a known flaw on the early years of that PTU. I documented that here too.

There were a couple ridiculous design errors too though beyond that. Having to remove the upper intake to do spark plug changes is inexcusable in this day and age. Also there was simply no easy way to do PTU and rear diff fluid changes with the location of the drain and fill plugs. No fluid is lifetime, I don't understand why they would make access to that so dang hard.
frown.gif

"Most reliable car I've ever owned", goes on to list several issues that many cars would have not encountered by 200k. I feel bad for you.

Bottom line is that Tig properly maintained the car and has proved that proper maintenance pays.

Originally Posted By: horse123
"Most reliable car I've ever owned", goes on to list several issues that many cars would have not encountered by 200k. I feel bad for you.

What parts are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back