Ways to boost cell phone reception?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, eventually my plan is to drop down to just cable internet, OTA TV and something like Ooma for a land line. 1-2 of the phones on my VZW plan are still under contract, but not for long. I do get a 17% discount with them through my employer.

I am eligible for a "free" Samsung J3V through Verizon if I keep them another 2yrs. This is the least expensive phone through VZW that offers wifi calling. I hate to steer too far OT, but does anyone have any input about this phone? I'd be "upgrading" from my iPhone 5C, which has been great aside from difficulty getting it to charge as of late. I've had it over 2yrs.

One of my daughters had a 5c and it had issues charging as well, I found food/lint/stuff in the Lightning socket. Once I (carefully) cleaned that out with a toothpick it worked fine after that.

I still think it's weird that Verizon prohibits using the feature on the 5c when the hardware is capable of doing so.

Originally Posted By: JTK
Yeah, eventually my plan is to drop down to just cable internet, OTA TV and something like Ooma for a land line. 1-2 of the phones on my VZW plan are still under contract, but not for long. I do get a 17% discount with them through my employer.

I am eligible for a "free" Samsung J3V through Verizon if I keep them another 2yrs. This is the least expensive phone through VZW that offers wifi calling. I hate to steer too far OT, but does anyone have any input about this phone? I'd be "upgrading" from my iPhone 5C, which has been great aside from difficulty getting it to charge as of late. I've had it over 2yrs.

I've used toothpicks, compressed air and cotton swabs. Still have intermittent problems with the lightning port. Seems like everyone I've known with the 5c has had this issue. Not so much with other model iPhones.

I've compared specs, but anyone with any input comparing the iPhone 5c with the Samsung J3V?

Wifi calling and FemToCell are pretty much all you can rely on. Make sure your internet connection is stable will be the key to good network connection.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Wifi calling and FemToCell are pretty much all you can rely on. Make sure your internet connection is stable will be the key to good network connection.

I'd agree. I tried some of the wifi calling free apps on my iPhone 5C and didn't care for them at all. I wound up "upgrading" to an iPhone SE, which is basically a 6 that's the size/format of a 5. It has wifi calling built in. It's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back