Good Thing I Didn't Include The Back Label........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jayg
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Considering that isn't an SAE grade and as such the oil cannot carry any sort of certifications or approvals, hopefully the manufacturer has a good warranty (which even if it does, probably does not apply to non-racing uses).

For all those C-Maxs on the tracks these days. LOL

I love the pictures showing you all the parts you'll have to replace after using that oil. Pistions, rods, cylinder head...

Wow you're too funny........ I'm still laughing...

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I'm guessing that means it's a group III synthetic?

Quote:
QuantumBlue(TM) Lubricant Oils are the ultimate leap beyond any lubricant oils available at any price. They are formulated using a highly refined sweet crude mineral base that is hydrotreated, hydrocracked, and regenerated over and over and over again to produce a synthetic size molecule but out of mineral base stock. All the reactive hydrocarbons are taken out of the oil. We take a 6' x 6' steel panel and heat it up to 600 Deg F and splash basestock on it for 24 hours. If there is any measurable hydrocarbons on the panel, the batch is sent back for more regeneration.

Once the base stock passes our tests, it is then so pure that in the 25,000 gallon holding tank, it is as clear as water. It is a synthetic characteristic mineral that maintains pumpability, wearability, and oxidation stability like the traditional synthetics, but is friendly on your seals and it’s soluability to hold your additive packages in suspension are extremely good.

This is the oil that we call Mineral Synthesis base stock. Mineral Synthesis(TM) premium oil base stock exceeds ALL the latest API specifications. The oil is then blended with special proprietary molecular shear, viscosity, and anti-wear technology designed for severe military and space applications.

My good God that is one huge steaming pile of bovine excrement
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Quote:
QuantumBlue(TM) Lubricant Oils are the ultimate leap beyond any lubricant oils available at any price. They are formulated using a highly refined sweet crude mineral base that is hydrotreated, hydrocracked, and regenerated over and over and over again to produce a synthetic size molecule but out of mineral base stock. All the reactive hydrocarbons are taken out of the oil. We take a 6' x 6' steel panel and heat it up to 600 Deg F and splash basestock on it for 24 hours. If there is any measurable hydrocarbons on the panel, the batch is sent back for more regeneration.

Once the base stock passes our tests, it is then so pure that in the 25,000 gallon holding tank, it is as clear as water. It is a synthetic characteristic mineral that maintains pumpability, wearability, and oxidation stability like the traditional synthetics, but is friendly on your seals and it’s soluability to hold your additive packages in suspension are extremely good.

This is the oil that we call Mineral Synthesis base stock. Mineral Synthesis(TM) premium oil base stock exceeds ALL the latest API specifications. The oil is then blended with special proprietary molecular shear, viscosity, and anti-wear technology designed for severe military and space applications.

My good God that is one huge steaming pile of bovine excrement
crazy2.gif

That is only a portion, there's a lot more. The worst thing though is the "SAE grade" on that label.

Motorcraft came out with a 0w20 syn-blend for the C-Max. It does seem light in the additives dept compared to their other syn-blend oils. Plus I know the OP likes to stir the pot so to speak with some of his other threads he started. So take this with a grain of salt as to whether this is real or not.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Yes the $2 a quart oil guys won't be buying this that is for sure.
He did explain in detail the costs involved and procedures and the OEM oils both benefits and where they cut costs. He was not impressed by most oil except one brand. He asked me what oil I was going to use and I told him and he got quiet. I brought that oil up two other times and he didn't bite. That was a clue to me. He has faith in his oil as he actually strongly recommends a UOA at 12k miles. Regardless of what's said here the proof is in the pudding
smile.gif

The $2 a quart crowd has nothing to do with it. You have been mentioning how expensive it is to produce and how you have a personal relationship with the formulator, but all of that is utterly irrelevant. The only relevant thing is how it performs in an engine, and that is not something you can determine from either a VOA or a UOA. There's a reason certifications take time and aren't cheap - and they aren't effectively substituted by a $35 UOA from Blackstone Labs.

In return for the certification though, what you get is demonstrated performance under real-world conditions and a guarantee of that performance. You have none of that here unfortunately.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Motorcraft came out with a 0w20 syn-blend for the C-Max. It does seem light in the additives dept compared to their other syn-blend oils. Plus I know the OP likes to stir the pot so to speak with some of his other threads he started. So take this with a grain of salt as to whether this is real or not.

"Competition formula 7.5w25" developed strictly for race car Ford C-Max's? All you need is a label maker, Windows 95, and some sales skills and you too could be an oil baron in 2017.

Oh it just HAS to be real.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

I guess you did not read my op....
Testing the oil is real. Being an advocate of it is not.

Yes the $2 a quart oil guys won't be buying this that is for sure.
He did explain in detail the costs involved and procedures and the OEM oils both benefits and where they cut costs. He was not impressed by most oil except one brand. He asked me what oil I was going to use and I told him and he got quiet. I brought that oil up two other times and he didn't bite. That was a clue to me. He has faith in his oil as he actually strongly recommends a UOA at 12k miles. Regardless of what's said here the proof is in the pudding
smile.gif

The $2 a quart crowd has nothing to do with it. You have been mentioning how expensive it is to produce and how you have a personal relationship with the formulator, but all of that is utterly irrelevant. The only relevant thing is how it performs in an engine, and that is not something you can determine from either a VOA or a UOA. There's a reason certifications take time and aren't cheap - and they aren't effectively substituted by a $35 UOA from Blackstone Labs.

In return for the certification though, what you get is demonstrated performance under real-world conditions and a guarantee of that performance. You have none of that here unfortunately.

From your op. Please inform us on how many times an oil manufacturer has paid up for an oil related failure. Oil related failures are rare and paying up on a warranty is even rarer. I don't deal with Blackstone so that doesn't figure into the mix and many here don't trust them either. There is absolutely no way to verify the jug of oil you buy meets any certs. It met certs once but is every ounce tested. No? In the end you have no idea what goes into your engine. You're ta!ing a leap of faith.

Certs are there to ease your mind and to open up your wallet. That's where independent testing comes in. But that said I'm not taking issue with your general premise.

Also many here assume fancy packaging is an indication of quality. Why would it be???

I already have one. I did it locally.

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
LOL
What are you waiting for send it for a VOA NOW

My new favorite product for the dipstick anal among us........
"Oil Shots"
Each 1/3 rd ounce bottle of certified motor oil in your custom flavor can be carried in a shirt or coat pocket for when
your baby needs some juice.
Each vile of golden goodness is hand inspected by a BITOG senior member with at least 6750 posts under his belt.
I will be happy to autograph each box of 30 for free if you act now. Hurry quantities are very limited......

From your op. Please inform us on how many times an oil manufacturer has paid up for an oil related failure. Oil related failures are rare and paying up on a warranty is even rarer. I don't deal with Blackstone so that doesn't figure into the mix and many here don't trust them either. There is absolutely no way to verify the jug of oil you buy meets any certs. It met certs once but is every ounce tested. No? In the end you have no idea what goes into your engine. You're ta!ing a leap of faith.

Certs are there to ease your mind and to open up your wallet. That's where independent testing comes in. But that said I'm not taking issue with your general premise.

Also many here assume fancy packaging is an indication of quality. Why would it be???

Blackstone is a generalized term, any analysis shop that performs ICP and TBN titrations (and maybe GC if you are lucky). It would be akin to analyzing heart medication the same way without clinical trials. Surely you don't think that real certifications are made via an ICP analysis?

And now you're just being silly saying that certifications are there just to ease your mind and open up your wallet. That is flat out ridiculous. You're arguments are becoming more frantic an baseless as this thread continues. You do know that certification testing is performed by competitors, right?

Whether Blackstone, Polaris, Caterpillar, some local shop or Bubba at the feed store performs ICP and a TBN titration it doesn't matter. If you are running an uncertified oil based on that type of analysis then you are being foolish.

And as for their label, I'm typically not one for judging a book by it's cover. In this case it's not just unprofessionalism in design and layout, it is that it includes a flat out lie that demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding about oil grades. That's the problem. If they don't get that then what else don't they get?

Anybody here want to see the back label???

Sure why not?

And did you post that VOA or not? I don't see it if you did.

"Oil Shots"
Each 1/3 rd ounce bottle of certified motor oil in your custom flavor can be carried in a shirt or coat pocket for when
Each vile of golden goodness is hand inspected by a BITOG senior member with at least 6750 posts under his belt.
I will be happy to autograph each box of 30 for free if you act now. Hurry quantities are very limited......

What does ginseng have to do with this thread? Is that why you rotated all the labels away from view?

And your use of "vile" instead of vial is quite the Freudian slip.

Pure humor- you need to ease up a bit

"Oil Shots"

What does ginseng have to do with this thread? Is that why you rotated all the labels away from view?

And your use of "vile" instead of vial is quite the Freudian slip.

Certs are exactly what I said.
Nothing frantic. In the real world they mean very little to the actual product you are buying. Quality control
and a good business model mean more. What good are certs if you can't keep the quality control up. I buy many raw materials and the company and vender ships what they have and often you don't even get what you're asking for.
Porosity free Acetal- certified and tested. When they get voids in the center they mark them and ship it to you.

ASTM specifications certs.......... yeah they are about worthless. Eddy current testing.....lol
PYB has changed so often you don't even know what's in the bottle....
ISO certs......... Yeah buy a machine tool from an ISO certified company and be it $4000 or $45000 you're going to have to take it apart and all the accuracy standards in the books have nothing to do with what you just received.

When you go to Wally World and pull that jug of oil off the shelf you have a promise it will be what they say it is. Other than that promise you get what you get........ Regardless of how you spin it that's the reality of it all.
Certs and the like are tailor made for a guy like you. It gives you confidence to buy- not much more.

Well maybe ammo to argue on forums and to feel good about what you brought home.

No I didn't.
In my original postings I explained why I would not. Plus I have other reasons not too.

Anybody here want to see the back label???

Sure why not?

And did you post that VOA or not? I don't see it if you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back