cricket phone enhancement for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: I just got a text from my carrier, CRICKET son of ATT, THAT just boosted my free high speed from 2.5 gig to 3 gig.monthly. This is on my basic $35? per month account. Overall, I'm pretty happy with them, paying automatically. They have a great 5 lines for $100 deal, although it is possible that Metro PCS might be slightly cheaper. Of course, I don't demand much other than basic service, so everything works OK..

AND, my Track Phone just started. Approx $69? from HSN, whom I NEVER buy from, but somebody on here mentioned it. I wanted to save a family phone number, and have a back up number for when I lose or break my phone. That is new, and nice LG Sunset Android phone, with about 1350? minutes, which should last a year for light duty and emergency.

Yup... Just got the same notice. Not a "power user" by any means and 3-gigs is more than enough for me. I'm pretty pleased with Cricket!

I'm happy with cricket about 98% of the time the other 2% of the time I remember The bill is 1/3 of verizon and no verizon billing shenanigans with the coverage of AT&T which is on par with verizon here.

some areas slightly better some slightly worse.

Sprint is ok in cities but not so great 30miles south.

Tmob is worthless. half the building you go into you better talk outside before you go in.

Maybe band 12 will help that.. I tried tmobile for 3 weeks and gave up on them.

I find that ATT (Cricket) offers better rural coverage for voice and 4g than verizon.

Cricket had a 48 hour outage last year one time.

Also in the past month we have had issues with MMS messaging, but I have a new APN to enter in so that may fix it.

Overall it is a good service and dirt cheap. Reliable for my wife who works in a rural area.

Yup, been using ATT/Cricket for over 2 years now.
Three lines, Taxes included, total payment, $90 a month. Can add a 4th line for $10 more and if I add the 4th line, the 5th line is free. *LOL* Amazing.

Never a charge for anything, no matter how much you use your phone.
Unlimited data, Text, Talk, if you go over 3GB on a line during the month it will slow down on that ONE line, not the others.
My wife, daughter and myself, never have gone over and had out data slow down.If you are going to use more then 3GB of data on a phone per month, well then a more expensive plan is for you.
And if you do care, well then go someplace else in another month, as since there is no contract, you can switch anytime.

ATT/CRICKET service is the ATT network, just like Verizon or like ANY cell phone company, how good your service works will depend on the coverage in your area, that goes for ANY cell company. ATT is as close as you will get to Verizon in service. Some places Verizon is better and some places ATT is better. I know, I use both services in my job which I drive 1000 miles a week. Verizon is my work phone, Cricket my Personal.

Last edited:
WiFi hotspot doesn't work on Cricket. H2O Wireless is even a better deal than Cricket with the same detriment on the hotspot front. [ unless one uses a certain hardware brand that shall not be named ]

Originally Posted By: Y_K
WiFi hotspot doesn't work on Cricket. H2O Wireless is even a better deal than Cricket with the same detriment on the hotspot front. [ unless one uses a certain hardware brand that shall not be named ]

I dont agree.
1. Cricket is ATT. H20 wireless is a secondary company.
2. Cost is almost impossible to figure out for H20 as the price on the website doesnt include "taxes and fees" Cricket is the only company that I know of that the price you see is actaully the price you pay.
3. To me the biggest catch with H20 is its statement that "roaming is not available anywhere"
with ATT/cricket your getting ATT service. Click here for terms

4. FYI, Im not trashing H20 just pointing out Cricket is ATT, H20 is a secondary company and one has to be careful of coverage, taxes and unpleasant surprises.
5. Depending on taxes and fees H20 may add on, the cost for one line maybe within a few dollars of ATt cricket per month. and if you have more then one line, ATT Cricket will be cheaper as when you add more lines the cost goes down. So much so, you can have 5 lines for $100 a month including all taxes.

I love cricket. It's still ATT coverage (wife's workplace only has ATT reception) at a slower but good enough speed. With 5 lines for $100 / mo all included, that's a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back