Pretty ships in world of warships

Congratulations on your 1st BB. NASSAU is far and away the best of the T3 BB's. Guns are a little small( 283MM as I recall )but overall it is the best of them no question. I knew you were going for the KM BB's as fast as you could.
crackmeup2.gif

How are you doing so far on aiming with it? Got many Citadel hits yet? Make sure when you are aiming at the side of an enemy BB or CL( pretty much straight on or just very slightly angled )that you place the target line pretty much right even with where the water meets the hull( or just up a hair ). This will give the most Citadel hits if you lead right. The exception really being higher tier German BB's that are almost impossible to Citadel so you line up on the area where the hull meets the deck or just a hair below it.

Do it right on a CL and get a couple Citadels hits and you can take out a full HP one with a single salvo. Nothing more awesome that to see that full HP ship just go POOF! Especially when you do it at max range. Furthest I have done a Devastating Strike( what they call it in game - ship must have at least 50% of it's HP to qualify )to this point is at a little over 17km. Took out a T5 OMAHA that was full strength. Got 3 Citadels and it just vanished. I was like
crazy2.gif
lol.gif
Not quite as easy to do early on as the guns are really inaccurate at T3 for all BB but it gets better as you rise.

Congrat's again.

PS - what name are you using when you play? I might see you in a game when using my T4 WYOMING.

Been a strange night in WOWS. Like a once in an eon special full moon or something.
27.gif

For some reason everyone with a T5-T8 BB seems to want to play Co-op. I have never seen so many 5,6, or even 7 BB matches. When there are that many of them you go "Uh Oh" even when you have one yourself.
lol.gif

Also been weird in other ways. Kind of feast or famine. Had a game in my USN T6 BB NEW MEXICO where I was pounding the enemy left and right. Laid a hurt on 6 of the 8 enemy ships and did over 107K in damage but that is all. Nothing else. No cap/base defenses or captures, no planes shot down, no secondary gun hits, no fires, etc... All damage from main guns with 3 Citadels and 43 gun hits. I don't recall ever doing that kind of damage out in the open and at range ever? And, I never took any damage. I got hit a couple times but was angled right to bounce for no damage. Dealt 107K+ and took none myself. WOW! It was one of those games where I did all the work and others got the kills too. I would severely damage one and right before firing again to finish it someone else would beat me too it. That makes you go AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
lol.gif

Then, a few games later in the new IJN T5 BB KONGO, I do 91K+ damage but have 5 kills( I did a little of that kill stealing myself
crackmeup2.gif
), cap/base defense and captures, planes shot down, etc... Just really weird how the night has gone???

Note on the KONGO. I do not like how the IJN 356MM AP performs. Way too many shatters and hits with little or even no damage even on perfect shot chances( i.e. not angled ). The USN 356MM AP rounds are leaps and bounds better. This is one of the exact same issues I had with the IJN T4 BB MYOGI = poor AP damage. Very frustrating when you add it to how inaccurate the few guns it has are. You can't afford to not do substantial damage when you do hit. Heck even on CL/CA you hit them with 3-5 shells right in their side straight on and it only does 2K in damage and no Citadels. Just don't get it?
21.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Congratulations on your 1st BB. NASSAU is far and away the best of the T3 BB's. Guns are a little small( 283MM as I recall )but overall it is the best of them no question. I knew you were going for the KM BB's as fast as you could.
crackmeup2.gif

How are you doing so far on aiming with it? Got many Citadel hits yet? Make sure when you are aiming at the side of an enemy BB or CL( pretty much straight on or just very slightly angled )that you place the target line pretty much right even with where the water meets the hull( or just up a hair ). This will give the most Citadel hits if you lead right. The exception really being higher tier German BB's that are almost impossible to Citadel so you line up on the area where the hull meets the deck or just a hair below it.

Do it right on a CL and get a couple Citadels hits and you can take out a full HP one with a single salvo. Nothing more awesome that to see that full HP ship just go POOF! Especially when you do it at max range. Furthest I have done a Devastating Strike( what they call it in game - ship must have at least 50% of it's HP to qualify )to this point is at a little over 17km. Took out a T5 OMAHA that was full strength. Got 3 Citadels and it just vanished. I was like
crazy2.gif
lol.gif
Not quite as easy to do early on as the guns are really inaccurate at T3 for all BB but it gets better as you rise.

Congrat's again.

PS - what name are you using when you play? I might see you in a game when using my T4 WYOMING.

Thanks! Got two Citadel hits with it my first time out with it. It does devastating damage compared to my other ships. My biggest gripe is the reload time, sweet Jesus is it slow! You can see my name in the top left of the screenshots
smile.gif

BTW, weird, but like 5 matches ago, when I was using a lesser ship, I got taken out by TIRPITZ???? How does that work? I didn't expect to see that ship for quite a while, but there she was, in all her devastating glory.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
crackmeup2.gif

crazy2.gif
lol.gif

Congrat's again.

Thanks! Got two Citadel hits with it my first time out with it. It does devastating damage compared to my other ships. My biggest gripe is the reload time, sweet Jesus is it slow! You can see my name in the top left of the screenshots
smile.gif

BTW, weird, but like 5 matches ago, when I was using a lesser ship, I got taken out by TIRPITZ???? How does that work? I didn't expect to see that ship for quite a while, but there she was, in all her devastating glory.

For the most part it's +/- 2, so if you are in a T6, you can see T8. \

Edit: also what's your IGN so I can add you

crackmeup2.gif

crazy2.gif
lol.gif

Congrat's again.

smile.gif

I actually can't read your name in the screenshot. Tried before asking but my eyes are too bad.

I can't even begin to explain how you saw a TIRPITZ in your T2 & T3 ships? Those should only see +1 so T4 max if using T3? You have to get to T5 to see +2 and even that only takes you to T7. You would need a T6 to see a T8 TIRPITZ. Only explanation I have is someone decided to division up with a very low tier ship with a TIRPITZ which brought it into your low tier? Even then it shouldn't. I have seen low tiers dragged up beyond +2 in that case( saw a T3 ST LOUIS once in a T5-T7 match )but never the other way around? By any chance was it just the person using the name TIRPITZ?

So, you think NASSAU's 22.2 second reload is long huh?
lol.gif
Wait until you move up the tree or move into the USN and IJN lines. NASSAU has the fastest reload of any standard tech tree BB in the game by a LOT! Next closest reload is 26 seconds( your beloved BISMARCK is 26 seconds ). 26-34 seconds is the standard reload time for BB's in the game. The German BB's have the fastest reloading line of BB's overall. I would KILL for 22.2 seconds in my USN T5 NEW YORK or USN T6 NEW MEXICO that are both 34 seconds. Now that is excruciating.

Yes, Citadels are awesome and do a lot of damage. Only thing better is if you get a detonation of one of the magazines. You can get multiple Citadels and not destroy a ship but if you are lucky enough to detonate a magazine = POOF! I actually did it tonight for the 1st time( that I know of ).

I was using the new KONGO as I try and get through it. Had just finished off the CV, leaving a DD and CL, when I see the DD appear. I swap to HE and start going towards it when another ship takes it out. Just then the last ship( BRN T6 CL LEANDER ) appear way off in the distance. I had the HE loaded and at that range AP doesn't always pen so I gave it a go. Managed to pull off a couple hits and as I recall about 5K in damage. I am pretty sure the BOT did a heal while I was reloading AP. Got the 2nd salvo off while it was still way out there. As the shells came down I saw mostly misses but the final shell came down on the deck up front and the ship vanished( no Citadel hits ).

It was basically 3/4+ HP and the 1 shell wiped it out. After battle report showed 5 shells in total hit it between the HE and AP doing over 31K in damage. That one shell at the end though is what took it out. 1st detonation for me that I know of( may have in a ship with less health? ). Was awesome.
lol.gif
I think I have the replay for it still and if I have I will do a quick video to show you.

EDIT - dang I already cleaned out the replay folder so it is gone. Sorry.

Last edited:
Definitely was actually the ship, it took me out with what seemed like one shot (Tirpitz), was absolutely ridiculous. it was the ship I was using before Nassau, so my T3 Kolberg
21.gif

That's actually hilarious about the reload times, as Kolberg was super fast, was not expecting the BB's to be so slow, glad at least that Bismark isn't much slower
wink.gif

It had to have been a Division thing but that is really uncool putting a T3 against a T8. I would report it to WG. Should not happen.

It had to have been a Division thing but that is really uncool putting a T3 against a T8. I would report it to WG. Should not happen.

Can't even do it with division. Once you reach a certain gap in level, it won't let you queue up for battle. Also, it will use the matchmaking for the higher tier ship, so if anything it would have the T3 ship in a T8 battle.

Originally Posted By: Nick R

Can't even do it with division. Once you reach a certain gap in level, it won't let you queue up for battle. Also, it will use the matchmaking for the higher tier ship, so if anything it would have the T3 ship in a T8 battle.

Right which I sort of was saying earlier. That is why I would report it to WG. He should have been dragged up if anything as you say not the Tirp dragged down.

Time for another fleet update...
05.gif

The grind through the IJN T5 BB KONGO to the T6 BB FUSO is complete. Thank God! Just awful( inconsistent is probably more accurate )gun performance( it's AP rounds suck big time ), it is a fire waiting to happen, and it steers/accelerates as bad as the RUS T5 KIROV CL. Very frustrating to play. However, unlike the KIROV I made it work and actually did 1/2 way decent with it. Being fast and able to run when you make a mistake in your decision process is a big help.
27.gif
lol.gif

So the KONGO has been retired, it's Capt transferred to the FUSO, and the FUSO is fully upgraded and ready to sail( hurt the credits and Free XP pool but I hate stock ships - especially higher tier ones ). I don't know if I will try and grind to the T7 NAGATO with it or not? THAT is onebadass BB but not sure I have it in me to grind another IJN ship if I dislike it? Maybe FUSO will surprise me? I now have all 3 T6 BB's and need to get to work on moving up.
39.gif

Here are the stats( again, fully upgraded ship )and then some port photos( will post some battle results tomorrow - had enough WOWS today and not playing it tonight )...

Nation: Japanese Imperial Navy(IJN)
Tier: 6
Ship Type: Battleship(BB)
Survivability(HP): 57,100 HP
Armor: 25-305MM
Maximum Speed: 24.5 knots
Rudder Shift: 12 seconds
Turning Radius: 740m

Main Armament: 6X2 356MM ( 2 turrets front/middle/rear )
Main Gun Range: 21.8km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2.15 shots per min ROF / 28 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 224m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 10,200 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 5700 damage

Secondary Guns:
127MM = 4X2 ( dual purpose )
152MM = 14X1

Secondary Gun Range: 4.2km ( all )

Secondary Gun Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL):
127MM = 12 shots per min ROF / 5 seconds RL ( dual purpose )
152MM = 6 shots per min ROF / 10 seconds RL

Secondary Gun Shell Type:
127MM = High Explosive(HE)
152MM = Armor Piercing(AP)

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA): ( Assorted caliber and types )
25MM = 10X2
25MM = 17X1
127MM = 4X2 ( dual purpose )

Mounted Modules:
Main Armaments Modification 1
Aiming Systems Modification 1
Damage Control System Modification 1
Steering Gears Modification 2

So the thing about Fuso is it has true shotgun dispersion. This is good and bad, it has extremely high potential damage because of so many guns, a lot miss, but you should get pretty good average damage.

So the thing about Fuso is it has true shotgun dispersion. This is good and bad, it has extremely high potential damage because of so many guns, a lot miss, but you should get pretty good average damage.

Yeah, I know it will scatter the shells good but I am used to it by now as all BB's through T6 have done so. Plus, FUSO's max dispersion is actually better than KONGO's was( by 13m )so it is an improvement. Tighter pattern and 4 extra shells( possible ).

Actually, FUSO is 2nd for dispersion among the standard tech tree T6 BB's and even compares favorably with the T6 Premiums. It has a huge range advantage over all of them except the new MUTSU.

I don't think it will be dispersion that hurts it as much as the awful performing 356MM AP it uses. Same exact AP as the upgraded KONGO had and it was very inconsistent( for me anyway )as I explained ^^^. Worst AP damage of any T6 BB, standard or premium, with the exception of the lightly gunned DUNKERQUE on paper and THAT translates to the game big time. I question the ARIZONA's listed AP stat's too. The AZ uses the exact same Mk16 356MM AP shells as NM but the stats are less in the AZ? Different guns listed for the 2 so that has to be it but seems odd to me. Maybe a purposeful nerf of the AZ? All I know is the T6 USN 356MM AP in both the AZ and NM hits like a run away mule while the IJN 356MM AP used in T5 KONGO, that is also used in T6 FUSO, hits like My Little Pony.
crackmeup2.gif

Truth be told, I actually expect worse performance with that IJN type91 356MM AP in the FUSO than the KONGO. FUSO will see T8 BB's that have just as accurate guns, similar ranges, and that have a LOT more/better armor. That AP felt vastly underpowered against T7's( even T6 really )never mind T8.

On "paper" FUSO shows fairly well. I just hope to see it translate into the game but based on facing the ship even in my T5 BB's I don't think it will do that well unless I somehow am good enough to make it so( which I am not ).

BRN T6 Premium BB WARSPRITE:
4X2 / 381MM / 219m Dispersion / 11400 AP Damage / 30 Second Reload / 16.3km Max Range

USN T6 Premium BB ARIZONA:
4X3 / 381MM / 220m Dispersion / 10300 AP Damage / 35 Second Reload / 18.56km Max Range( with unique US upgrade )

KM T6 BB BAYERN:
4X2 / 380MM / 223m Dispersion / 10900 AP Damage / 30 Second Reload / 17.7km Max Range

IJN T6 BB FUSO:
6X2 / 356MM / 224m Dispersion / 10200 AP Damage / 28 Second Reload / 21.8km Max Range

IJN T6 Premium BB MUTSU:
4X2 / 410MM / 230m Dispersion / 12400 AP Damage / 30 Second Reload / 20.35km Max Range

USN T6 BB NEW MEXICO:
4X3 / 356MM / 233m Dispersion / 10500 AP Damage / 34.2 Second Reload / 17.3km Max Range( with unique US upgrade )

FRN T6 Premium BB DUNKERQUE:
2X4 / 330MM / 244m Dispersion / 9700 AP Damage / 28 Second Reload/ 18.21km Max Range

So time now to try the FUSO out. Will post a review later and comment on the AP performance. Oh boy, it's T8 time. Hello BISMARCK, TIRPITZ, AMAGI, and NORTH CAROLINA. YIKES!
27.gif
lol.gif

I also just want to give a shout out to Overkill, I had him div up with me and a couple of guys from the wows subreddit discord, and he did pretty well, unfortunately we had some truly awful potato teams and we just couldn't carry hard enough (despite several 4 kill, 75k+ damage games at T3). Keep at it, hope to be able to div up with you again in the future!

Yeah, I know it will scatter the shells good but I am used to it by now as all BB's through T6 have done so. Plus, FUSO's max dispersion is actually better than KONGO's was( by 13m )so it is an improvement. Tighter pattern and 4 extra shells( possible ).

Actually, FUSO is 2nd for dispersion among the standard tech tree T6 BB's and even compares favorably with the T6 Premiums. It has a huge range advantage over all of them except the new MUTSU.

I don't think it will be dispersion that hurts it as much as the awful performing 356MM AP it uses. Same exact AP as the upgraded KONGO had and it was very inconsistent( for me anyway )as I explained ^^^. Worst AP damage of any T6 BB, standard or premium, with the exception of the lightly gunned DUNKERQUE on paper and THAT translates to the game big time. I question the ARIZONA's listed AP stat's too. The AZ uses the exact same Mk16 356MM AP shells as NM but the stats are less in the AZ? Different guns listed for the 2 so that has to be it but seems odd to me. Maybe a purposeful nerf of the AZ? All I know is the T6 USN 356MM AP in both the AZ and NM hits like a run away mule while the IJN 356MM AP used in T5 KONGO, that is also used in T6 FUSO, hits like My Little Pony.
crackmeup2.gif

Truth be told, I actually expect worse performance with that IJN type91 356MM AP in the FUSO than the KONGO. FUSO will see T8 BB's that have just as accurate guns, similar ranges, and that have a LOT more/better armor. That AP felt vastly underpowered against T7's( even T6 really )never mind T8.

On "paper" FUSO shows fairly well. I just hope to see it translate into the game but based on facing the ship even in my T5 BB's I don't think it will do that well unless I somehow am good enough to make it so( which I am not ).

BRN T6 Premium BB WARSPRITE:
4X2 / 381MM / 219m Dispersion / 11400 AP Damage / 30 Second Reload / 16.3km Max Range

USN T6 Premium BB ARIZONA:
4X3 / 381MM / 220m Dispersion / 10300 AP Damage / 35 Second Reload / 18.56km Max Range( with unique US upgrade )

KM T6 BB BAYERN:
4X2 / 380MM / 223m Dispersion / 10900 AP Damage / 30 Second Reload / 17.7km Max Range

IJN T6 BB FUSO:
6X2 / 356MM / 224m Dispersion / 10200 AP Damage / 28 Second Reload / 21.8km Max Range

IJN T6 Premium BB MUTSU:
4X2 / 410MM / 230m Dispersion / 12400 AP Damage / 30 Second Reload / 20.35km Max Range

USN T6 BB NEW MEXICO:
4X3 / 356MM / 233m Dispersion / 10500 AP Damage / 34.2 Second Reload / 17.3km Max Range( with unique US upgrade )

FRN T6 Premium BB DUNKERQUE:
2X4 / 330MM / 244m Dispersion / 9700 AP Damage / 28 Second Reload/ 18.21km Max Range

So time now to try the FUSO out. Will post a review later and comment on the AP performance. Oh boy, it's T8 time. Hello BISMARCK, TIRPITZ, AMAGI, and NORTH CAROLINA. YIKES!
27.gif
lol.gif

Also, so let me clarify. There is more to dispersion than the dispersion number listed in the main battery specs. That is the horizontal dispersion, you also have to keep in mind sigma value, or vertical dispersion, which is kind of hidden. The Konig has a very, very good sigma of I think 1.8 or 1.9? The Nikolai has I believe 2.0, the Kongo is 1.8, and the Fuso is 1.5. The vertical dispersion is pretty diabolical on the Fuso, mostly balanced out by the sheer number of shells it can pump out.

I also just want to give a shout out to Overkill, I had him div up with me and a couple of guys from the wows subreddit discord, and he did pretty well, unfortunately we had some truly awful potato teams and we just couldn't carry hard enough (despite several 4 kill, 75k+ damage games at T3). Keep at it, hope to be able to div up with you again in the future!

It was a lot of fun
smile.gif

Can't wait until I have a better craft and we can do some more balanced playing. I'm noticing I get less XP now that I'm rockin' Nassau, so it was refreshing to get increased XP from the gameplay with you and your group.

It was a lot of fun
smile.gif

Can't wait until I have a better craft and we can do some more balanced playing. I'm noticing I get less XP now that I'm rockin' Nassau, so it was refreshing to get increased XP from the gameplay with you and your group.

You are at a high enough level you should consider switching to random battles instead of co-op, the battles might be a bit easier but you get way, way less XP and credits when playing against bots.

Thanks Nick for the info ^^^. Appreciate the explanation.

Okay so finally played the FUSO. HUGE improvement over the KONGO. Can't say I will love it like I do some of the other BB's I have played but I am not hating it so far. Only played 3 games to this point with it but it is okay.

The Type91 356MM AP in FUSO seems to perform much better than the same shells did in KONGO. More on par with the USN 356MM in T6 which is a good thing.
thumbsup2.gif
I even citadeled an ARIZONA at 11km which surprised me as they are tough to do that on. Pulled of a couple Devastating Strikes on good CL/CA's too which was nice. Having the 12 guns is huge vs. just 6-8. Makes up for all the flyers that miss.

Only real negative to this point I would say is like KONGO it is a fire waiting to happen. I got burnt to a crisp like a marshmallow at a s'mores party by a USN T6 CL CLEVELAND in one game. Didn't die or anything but got roasted good. Slow turret rotation is another as is sluggish turns. Maneuvers better than KONGO though despite being slower.

No epic games in the 1st few or anything but decent performances against good ships. I just like to play for fun and so far this ship is fun enough to keep playing it. Of course I am just a potato Co-op warrior so only tested against BOTS and not Random where the real players play.

1st 2 games below...

1st Game:

2nd Game:

crackmeup2.gif

I just played a Random game with FUSO like I usually do a few of with most of my ships. I spent the 1st portion of the game just trying to join the group as I spawned way off to the right with a BISMARCK by ourselves( everyone else far left )and it was a HUGE map so it took forever. The BISMARK can do 31 knots and the FUSO only 24 knots so I was soon lagging behind. Felt very alone back there by myself...
27.gif
lol.gif

Just as I passed some islands 3 of their BB's appeared and spotted me. I immediately WASD'd but a BAYERN cold cocked me( 380MM's )even though I knew the shot was coming and was properly angled away. The 1st couple rounds either missed or hit/bounced doing little damage but then one of the last shells hit and literally over 2/3 of my health went bye-bye! I think it is lucky I had a detonation flag on. It had to have citadeled me even at the odd angle to do as much damage as it did with 1 shell. I was like @#$%* Then I see someone on chat saying "that poor FUSO they are so squishy". YA THINK!!! Even the guys who just tried to kill me felt bad for me.
lol.gif

That group then decided I was THE target and were on me like a pack of dogs. I did pretty good though and they never hit me again. Actually, I managed to only take 12 hits all game( including that 1 citadel that spanked me which did so much the 12 hits did 46K+ damage in total )even though I was not hiding so my WASD must have been pretty good or they were bad shots?

I finally caught up with the group and was able to start helping out. We were actually behind for like the 1st 1/2 the game then it suddenly swung our way and we eventually won on points with 6 of us left and just 2 of them. As the points counted down( well up really ), and I looked around to see which ship would appear and kill me before the end as always happens, I realized I was clear and that I MIGHT ACTUALLY WIN AND LIVE???
crazy2.gif

When the game ended in victory and me living I did a little dance.
banana2.gif

Anyway, despite not doing much other than be a target, and coming in near the bottom for team score( I wasn't last though )I actually WON a Random match. I guess that is the secret. Do bad and we win but do good and we lose. And the best part is I raised my Random WR% from 41.71% to a whopping 42.07%!!!
crackmeup2.gif

Just played my first two random games. First team I was on was horrible, and I died, second team was decent however and I did quite well:

That's a South Carolina smoking in the background, LOL!
wink.gif

Back