Which grease would you choose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had a very capable 4x4 that saw everything from kid hauling, jobsites, creek/river crossings and full on rockcrawling and money or base type wasn't an issue which grease would choose for wheel bearings and for chassis lubrication.

I'm jus curious to see y'all's answers.

Will

That vehicle will see frequent service regardless the brand or blend of grease. I would use either NGLI-2 lithium complex EP without moly or the shear resistant type of polyurea such as JohnDeere. Either will save ya some money for more gas and parts. Same for U joints, if they last long enough to worry about greasing.

prs

Castrol Premium Heavy Duty - a NLGI-2, high temp lithium complex grease with high load EP adds, but no moly.

Link

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Valvoline SynPower.

That IS my current choice. Although I gotta say, I don't foresee any creek crossings in my future.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Castrol Premium Heavy Duty - a NLGI-2, high temp lithium complex grease with high load EP adds, but no moly.

Link

Looked at that but also saw Castrol EPL2
It's also nlgi2 and EP

How do they compare?

Also there is a Nulon grease with PFTE.

Mystik JT-6 Hi-Temp. LC #2 or Chevron Delo EP LC #2. The only difference is that the Mystik uses a high viscosity base oil and the Delo's base is mid-vis. The 'sponge' is NLGI grade 2 Lithium Complex on both.

Originally Posted By: dirtydannyd

Link

It's also nlgi2 and EP

How do they compare?

The Castrol Spheerol EPL range is a Lithium Soap grease.
The Castrol Premium Heavy Duty (previously LMX) is a Lithium Complex grease, which can handle higher temperatures and is better for wheel bearings where heavy braking can raise temperatures.

Check out their Drop Point 170-200 C Vs 250+ C

Originally Posted By: dirtydannyd

Link

It's also nlgi2 and EP

How do they compare?

The Castrol Spheerol EPL range is a Lithium Soap grease.
The Castrol Premium Heavy Duty (previously LMX) is a Lithium Complex grease, which can handle higher temperatures and is better for wheel bearings where heavy braking can raise temperatures.

Check out their Drop Point 170-200 C Vs 250+ C

Gotcha.
Seems like the prem hd is goning to be my next grease.
Cheers.
thumbsup2.gif

Another vote for Valvoline Synpower. It does have quite a good reputation on 4x4s and trucks. Really powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back