Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DrRoughneck
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Which dividend stocks did you load up on ?

Data center REITs. Digital Realty (DLR) and Dupont Fabros (DFT) are the best two because of their core (transport, infrastructure) focus which attracts bigger players (Amazon, Google, FB).

The CES convention started today and from the looks of it, personal data usage and storage needs will increase SIGNIFICANTLY in the coming months due to... fitbits (morons sharing so much about their lives), the internet of things, more smartphone apps talking to cloud-based servers, and every new device spying on everything and spewing such inordinate amounts of data, no responsible IT org. would dare processing this in-house. So cloud it is.

Oh and and self-driving cars as well and partially driver-assisting systems from Denso, Aisin, Johnson Controls, Valeo, Honeywell... will only increase the need for data transfer and more data centers.

Since Data Center REITs pay no corporate tax (pass-through entity provided they pay out 90% of profits as dividends), they have an unfair competitive advantage and the most profitable corporate shell for data centers.

So basically Data Center REITs are a high dividend security which is also a growth security (value appreciates). Usually you have either, but here you can have both.
I see it as a way to turn the cloud and smartphone frenzy into dividends in my pocket.

Please don't take my word for it, do your own research.

DFT up nearly 2% today on record 4Q results, breaks all times high.
It was easy to see this coming. No surprise here.

Last edited:

Data center REITs. Digital Realty (DLR) and Dupont Fabros (DFT) are the best two because of their core (transport, infrastructure) focus which attracts bigger players (Amazon, Google, FB).

The CES convention started today and from the looks of it, personal data usage and storage needs will increase SIGNIFICANTLY in the coming months due to... fitbits (morons sharing so much about their lives), the internet of things, more smartphone apps talking to cloud-based servers, and every new device spying on everything and spewing such inordinate amounts of data, no responsible IT org. would dare processing this in-house. So cloud it is.

Oh and and self-driving cars as well and partially driver-assisting systems from Denso, Aisin, Johnson Controls, Valeo, Honeywell... will only increase the need for data transfer and more data centers.

Since Data Center REITs pay no corporate tax (pass-through entity provided they pay out 90% of profits as dividends), they have an unfair competitive advantage and the most profitable corporate shell for data centers.

So basically Data Center REITs are a high dividend security which is also a growth security (value appreciates). Usually you have either, but here you can have both.
I see it as a way to turn the cloud and smartphone frenzy into dividends in my pocket.

i'm riding with you, nice call.

Originally Posted By: dblshock

i'm riding with you, nice call.

You're welcome. What else you got?

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: cjcride
That chart is like the Rosetta Stone. If you don't "get it" after looking at that chart, you never will.

I don't get it.

What does the chart show?

Does it tell me when to invest? How to invest? When to time the market?

If thousands of Wall Street guys with advanced degrees can't time the market, but you guys can, just by using the chart, why aren't you all billionaires?

It shows in good and bad times to keep putting money into the market...

Quote:
How long to $21k? I predict on or before my birthday....

Happened sooner then I expected.
thumbsup2.gif

coffee2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back