WIX 57060, CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: southernjeeper
Originally Posted By: blupupher
Same old boring Wix.
sleep.gif

Silicone ADV looks fine. Pleats spacing is fine with no tears. Metal center tube with large holes.
I don't know why I look at Wix threads, they are always solid filters.

And what oil filter cut open or not is not such a bore to you?

Please don't say Fram

FRAM!
crazy.gif

I was not saying this in a bad way.
Some filters I don't know who makes them and is interesting to see.
Purolator made, well you never know what your are going to get.
There are occasionally issues with Fram and Champ made filters.
We don't see a lot of Mann/Hammel, Hastings, etc filters, so those are interesting.
Just seems every Wix made filter (Wix, NAPA, even the ST and Microguard) comes out looking just fine.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
Unless you are using the Ultra, there are better options out there for the money.

I agree with you 100% and that's why I don't use fram anymore and never will again. I've found way better filters for less money. I can get Baldwin, Hastings, Wix for way cheaper then fram filters and they are built way way better. Never had a issue with these filters at all either. Just have had to many issues with fram filters in the past.

I remember back when wix was made by Dana. White filter can. Awesome filter back then and still is today even though Dana doesn't make them anymore. They still might make the heavy duty truck filters but I can't remember if they do or not anymore. Wix is always solid though. Never had a single issue with any of them.

Used to use the 57060 on my 08 Malibu LTZ with the 3.6 but switched over to the longer 57045 filter, also running the 57045 on the wifes 2015 GMC Terrain DENALI with the 3.6, don't care for those small filters.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Looks good, typical Wix/Napa Gold ime with the filter construction I prefer. Nice to be able to get these in Napa Gold form for less than $4 at local Napas twice yearly 40% off sale.

Here's a dozen everyday for $40.92+frt. I offset the shipping cost by adding a couple of excellent Wix cabin filters. They are light so do not add to shipping cost. When you make a trip to Napa to buy stuff, don't forget to account for the cost of fuel and your time. It's hard to beat pressing a couple of keys and having them show up on your doorstep, then having stock in the garage when you need it.

http://www.discountfleetsupply.com/wix57060mp.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back