Good Thing I Didn't Include The Back Label........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that isn't an SAE grade and as such the oil cannot carry any sort of certifications or approvals, hopefully the manufacturer has a good warranty (which even if it does, probably does not apply to non-racing uses).

Sweet, I love the non-existent SAE grades on the front, really confidence inspiring
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Considering that isn't an SAE grade and as such the oil cannot carry any sort of certifications or approvals, hopefully the manufacturer has a good warranty (which even if it does, probably does not apply to non-racing uses).

Always an optimist in the room.....

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Sweet, I love the non-existent SAE grades on the front, really confidence inspiring
crazy2.gif

Their website lists other interesting grades as well...

Quote:
Available in 1 Gallon bottles only: 5w20, 5w25, 7.5w23, 8w35, 10w35, 12.5w32,12.5w35, 12.5w37, 12.5w40, 15w45, 16.3w37.5, 17.5w45, 20w35 & 20w50 racing oils

http://bndautomotive.com/quantumblue-products-2/

Maybe I'm not so special.............. lol
Steve help me..
shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I'm special. I got 5 quarts.
smile.gif

Umm...Well... Uh... Maybe....
Still a quart low?

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Do they just mix existing oils together?

I've wondered the same thing.

50/50 mix of 5W-20 and 10W-30 = 7.5W-25

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Linctex

Exactly what I was thinking. Not sure this would be any better than mixing my own blend at home using KNOWN SAE-approved oils.. and honestly, I would trust the mix I made at home using these known oils more.

Heck, the oil I put in my Fusion during my last oil change was a home-blended mix.. and I'm sure I paid far less. I believe it came out to approximately a 5w-23.75

... but hey, if he wants to run it, I'm sure we'll all be interested to see how it turns out
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Always an optimist in the room.....

Well sure. But if they are making up an SAE grade and printing that on the label, my first question would be what else are they making up? That's a flat out lie where it says "SAE 7.5W-25".

Deception begins on the label I'd say. Where it ends, no one knows.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

No. Each oil weight has a flow range it falls into. This is why the term "thick" and "thin" oil weight came up.
For example, the 30 weight category is between 9.30-12.49 cST @ 100°C.
You can have a 30 weight oil that is 9.35 cST @ 100°C, so almost a 20 weight oil, but is still a 30 weight oil, not a 21.5 (or whatever number it would work out to be) weight oil. Same for an oil with a cST of 12.45, still a 30 weight, just a very thick one, not a 39 weight oil.
Plus mixing viscosity does not always mean the average of the two.

"Competition Forumla" for a "High RPM Output" CMax? Wow! Why didn't I think of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back