Pennzoil Fallout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about when it sits in a filter overnight? How can you consider it an additive if it can't even stay in the oil at outdoor temps

That comes from sitting around for months. I've seen it in oil containers that sit in my unheated garage over winter.
See some in Valvoline Syn. oil, but less amount.
A shot of carb cleaner will flush that out.

Didn't we beat this horse to death not so long ago? I've seen it from time to time in Mobil 1, Castrol, and a few others. Shake and pour you'll be fine.

If I have a bottle of oil that has sat for a while, i always shake it up then let it sit upside down or on its side for a couple of hours. never seen any residue in the bottom of a bottle.

It's that nasty GTL base stock processing in QATAR. It's a middle eastern plot to bring American society to a grinding, seizing halt. Buy 'Murican.

Last edited:
In honor of CrazyOilDude, I'll check the seals and volume of my oil prior to purchase on my oil containers, open and check the holes/slots being open and correct for my oil filters and shake up the oil container prior to pouring it into my engine. Problem solved.

That's cool - opened a jug of Maxlife ATF a few days ago and thought of him ...
Sad to hear about Alan Colmes - did not always line up with him - but he was a role model on "debate without hate"

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
None.

Warm it up and shake before using.

Since when was it considered normal to warm up and shake Motor Oil before using it.I can't recall ever seeing those instructions on a container of Oil.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Didn't we beat this horse to death not so long ago? I've seen it from time to time in Mobil 1, Castrol, and a few others. Shake and pour you'll be fine.

Quite literally every topic gets beat to death seasonally here. Come summer in North America the "SHOULD I USE 20w50?" threads will happen and right before winter "HOW LONG DO I NEED TO WARM UP MY CAR?" will fill the boards. Somebody will bring up the stupid 540 RAT tests and I predict at least 5 more Mobil 1 annual protection spotted at Walmart threads to pop up by the beginning of the week.

When the bottles are warm, shake it and everything is good. I'm running oil that sat in a box for 40 years before I put it in my engine and it's been in there 4 years now. Still fine.

Originally Posted By: Ether

Since when was it considered normal to warm up and shake Motor Oil before using it.I can't recall ever seeing those instructions on a container of Oil.

Because you don't NEED to. If the containers have been sitting years, it's a good practice to do it. Many have first hand experience with what it looks like.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
That's cool - opened a jug of Maxlife ATF a few days ago and thought of him ...
Sad to hear about Alan Colmes - did not always line up with him - but he was a role model on "debate without hate"

Very sad news about Alan Colmes. Hannity and Colmes was one of my dad's favorite shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back