Android battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
You should be able to just swipe down to expand the top bar notifications and settings. There is a BT on/off icon there.

Or is that not available in Motorola's version of Android?

Yes, it's there. The widget is just a couple less finger-strokes. Motorola pretty much uses pure Android with zero bloatware.

Another screenshot from this morning. This time, I didn't use my phone at all, it was left on, screen off, WiFi on, cell on (but really on standby due to the WiFi), BT off. Estimated 8 days left.

Yes, it appears ES File Explorer isn't what it once was, ever since they got acquired.

After uninstalling ES, after 2 days of light use on my 5X, I am still at almost 50% battery remaining. All this time I kept blaming Google for screwing up battery life in Android 7, but it may have just been ES's fault. ES never showed up on the list of apps/tasks consuming the battery though, but it was driving up my "Android System" and "Android OS" tasks.

Yes, it appears ES File Explorer isn't what it once was, ever since they got acquired.

After uninstalling ES, after 2 days of light use on my 5X, I am still at almost 50% battery remaining. All this time I kept blaming Google for screwing up battery life in Android 7, but it may have just been ES's fault. ES never showed up on the list of apps/tasks consuming the battery though, but it was driving up my "Android System" and "Android OS" tasks.

I've been pretty happy with Xplore over the last couple of days. So much less bloat. Sad really because ES was the go to explorer for so long, I had been using ES since Android 2.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back