Where to source large bushings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing an underbody inspection on my van the other day, and I realized that my rear main control arms have cracked bushings (where the arm bolts to the unibody). The only replacements I see are complete arms, running $65+. Since the rest of the arm is just stamped steel and in fine shape, I'd like to just find a couple bushings and press them in myself (maybe even poly ones?), but I have no idea where to look. They are solid filled with rubber, no odd gaps, etc. Just a hollow 'dowel' in the middle that allows a bolt to pass through. Any ideas?

Is this the part you need? Rock Auto lists it as a "rear trailing arm bushing."

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3389469&cc=1442405&jsn=348

EDIT - I'm not sure if it's the part you need or not. As I look more, it might not be.

All the Auto 7 brand parts I've bought have been repackaged Genuine Hyundai parts or parts sourced from the OE suppliers in Korea.

HP1_zps7d2c83e9.jpg

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Since the rest of the arm is just stamped steel and in fine shape, I'd like to just find a couple bushings and press them in myself (maybe even poly ones?), but I have no idea where to look. They are solid filled with rubber, no odd gaps, etc.

You will NEVER get all of the old rubber out of the hole in less than 2-3 hours each.

It's bonded to the steel VERY VERY well!!!

It takes too much time, even without adding the cost of new bushings. Just get the new arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back