2006 Accord XM antenna cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
The body-colored cover for the XM antenna on my 2006 Accord blew off last week, nowhere to be seen. The part seems to be available only as the complete antenna assembly (cover, antenna, wires, etc) to the tune of ~$70. I'm trying to figure out something less spendy that will look OK. This is a terrific car and my daily driver that is gradually approaching beater status due to all the dents, dings, scratches, etc which I can handle but the antenna really looks bad. Any ideas?

jeff

Making a scrap yard for the cover only and then go to a paint store that can mix a aerosol can of the color of your car?

Empty Tic Tac box? Cruise the candy isle and see if any other containers look better. For some extra flare, coat the outside and inside with black shoe polish. Let dry. Get a wide tip black Sharpie and go over it a little more. It will now appear as black as midnight. Done!

Give Stoystown auto wreckers in Stoystown Pennsylvania a call. They can UPS the part to you. They are huge, there is a good chance they can supply the part with the proper color.
Their phone number is 1 800 358 8770

Do you still use the XM? If not can you remove it, as in is it a magnetic antenna?

I just bought my Sonata and I've got 3 months free with SiriusXM. It's the worst thing I've ever listened to. The absolute worst music, can't stand it.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Do you still use the XM? If not can you remove it, as in is it a magnetic antenna?

I just bought my Sonata and I've got 3 months free with SiriusXM. It's the worst thing I've ever listened to. The absolute worst music, can't stand it.

Bad music. I guess that's why they have just surpassed the 30 million subscriber mark. With NET revenues of $194 million. (Up 16%)-third quarter of last year.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
Making a scrap yard for the cover only and then go to a paint store that can mix a aerosol can of the color of your car?

This. Scrap yard might be the only place to buy a cover only.

I remember on the Accord forum someone putting an antenna cover on an LX/EX because they liked the look of them. They just plopped one on there I believe with some 3m double-sided tape. Found a thread about installing one of them:

Sharkfin antenna

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back