WIX 57060, CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked half day to use up some hours I needed to use or lose. Stopped at library to get more mystery books and older lady works there and said could I change her oil. She had PP 5w30 new stuff and another WIX in trunk. 50,xxx on car. Vehicle is a 2015 Buick LaCrosse also. I'm gonna say 5,000 ish on oil and filter. Dunno what oil mom and pop place used either. Enjoy the pics

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are welcome
wink.gif

Same old boring Wix.
sleep.gif

Silicone ADV looks fine. Pleats spacing is fine with no tears. Metal center tube with large holes.
I don't know why I look at Wix threads, they are always solid filters.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Same old boring Wix.
sleep.gif

Silicone ADV looks fine. Pleats spacing is fine with no tears. Metal center tube with large holes.

And what oil filter cut open or not is not such a bore to you?

Please don't say Fram

Yeah they have been "exciting" for a long time around here.. and not a good kind of "exciting" either. At least the Purolators I cut and post on here weren't exciting at all. Now I have a Royal Purple filter, Fram TG, and a Mobil 1 filter as well to run. So, I am set for a good while.

Originally Posted By: southernjeeper
Same old boring Wix.
sleep.gif

Please don't say Fram

I see a lot of guys on the forum jumping on the Fram wagon again claiming they are better then Wix, Baldwin, Hastings. I find it very hard to believe. Especially when fram was hated on here a few years ago. Cardboard end caps, glue issues, etc..... Basically they are the same filter they always have been but all of a sudden they are the best thing since sliced bread. Idk how. Wix, Baldwin and Hastings filters are all way better built with better filter media and more of it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Diesel16
I see a lot of guys on the forum jumping on the Fram wagon again claiming they are better then Wix, Baldwin, Hastings. I find it very hard to believe. Especially when fram was hated on here a few years ago. Cardboard end caps, glue issues, etc..... Basically they are the same filter they always have been but all of a sudden they are the best thing since sliced bread. Idk how. Wix, Baldwin and Hastings filters are all way better built with better filter media and more of it.

Fram Ultra is the main reason why ... you got some catching up to do.

The Fram EG and TG aren't bad at all ... seem to be better than they were when all the hate was going on. Nothing wrong with non-metal end caps - used in many other filters besides Frams. No real issues seen with them on Frams.

Looks good, typical Wix/Napa Gold ime with the filter construction I prefer. Nice to be able to get these in Napa Gold form for less than $4 at local Napas twice yearly 40% off sale.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: Diesel16
Originally Posted By: southernjeeper
Same old boring Wix.
sleep.gif

Please don't say Fram

FRAM filters are very good. So are Baldwin, Hastings, Wix and Parts Plus which my work uses
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back