K&N Performance Oil Filters and Extended Drains

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAP's oil change deals for this month include Castrol Edge bundled with a K&N filter. I have no experience with K&N but read about recent QC issues due to mfg moving offshore.

Is this filter good for 10K mile drain intervals? How does it compare to M1 and Fram TG/Ultra?

Last edited:
There was some shakeup a few months ago about these filters being downsized and possible changing construction.

Not sure if I would be interested in this filter until I saw a few tear downs if I was going 10k.

K&N aren't good. I did a oil change on dads neighbors truck and the nut on bottom of filter was rusty as all get out and the can was very thin. No thanks

K&N has a all aluminum re-useable filter with a screen in it and a single little magnet.

Looks 'good' on the car BUT totally useless compared to a any other brand spin-on filter.

Any filter with a screen filter mesh is a 'rock catcher' at best, not worth $100.

K&N is cheap Korean junk now. They're made by Daewha, which is also the supplier to Autozone's STP XL filters.

The new K&N is far inferior to M1 and Fram Ultra. A long time ago, K&N's were made by Champ and internally identical to the M1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back