What is the right price for this Suburban??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a 2001 Suburban K2500 with the 8.1L engine.
This truck has spent it's entire life in Nevada, so there isn't a spec of rust anywhere on it. Even the factory hitch/tow package doesn't show the slightest bit of rust anywhere on it.

This truck has 90k miles on it. I have no idea of the service history. The interior and exterior are MINT.

If you look at KBB or NADA, the truck is worth $6000-$8000 I think that's really low. What do you think is a realistic price for this vehicle?

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

Last edited:
Not to sound sarcastic-but whatever someone wants to pay for it. That thing is a towing beast-so that is a plus.

However-some people on principle won't pay more than book for a vehicle.

Obviously-paying over book requires cash or the cash difference since banks won't loan over bank value-generally.

Have you run a CarFax? Or have a dealer run the VIN for service history.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Do some Internet searching. It's EZ. Also remember that it's only worth what someone will pay for it.

Nice looking ride. Appears to be in excellent cosmetic shape. If you keep it and take care of it you will probably value it far above what someone else will pay. I'm in that situation with an 84 Civic wagon that I purchased new and it's still my DD.

Originally Posted By: CKN

Have you run a CarFax? Or have a dealer run the VIN for service history.

Good luck!

CarFax doesn't really show anything, except passing Nevada emissions and an air conditioning service done at some point.

One Eye-
Still want to see this civic.
smile.gif

Even if all you do is pm me the pic.

Last edited:
Mint with no miles regardless, its still a 16 year old truck, i wouldnt pay more than blue book good condition.

Originally Posted By: 2civics
One Eye-
smile.gif

I'm in and out of the hospital right now, I'm defective, cancer. It's in the garage at home right now but PM me and I'll get you a picture in the very near future.

One Eye-
smile.gif

+1, I love vintage Civics and Accords, dig em!

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
One Eye-
smile.gif

I'm in and out of the hospital right now, I'm defective, cancer. It's in the garage at home right now but PM me and I'll get you a picture in the very near future.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
One Eye-
smile.gif

So sorry to hear it. Stay strong and feel better. Prayers sent your way.

To the OP, any price is good as long as you liked the vehicle and will be able to enjoy it.

From cosmetics, it looks great
thumbsup2.gif

So an 8.1 with a 4L80E. I believe it uses the large American axle rearend like the diesel. I think only the trucks got the 5 speed Allison with the 8.1

Around here that is 12,000 all day long. An 8.1 Burb is hard to find. That one is super nice. I would trade my 6.0 truck for it in a heart beat.

Biggest issue with them was the CPS...hard to get at and they can fail.

8.1 CPS
More CPS stuff

Look it up and understand the CPS and you will be fine that is a 250,000 mile while towing stuff with ease drivetrain.

OneEye. I am sorry to hear it keep the good fight man. You got it.

Woah an 8100 Suburban. I'm still kicking myself for not buying one in 2008
frown.gif

If you put that on a used car lot up here, as it sits, it would be gone in a day at $6000.

Thanks for the kind words.

About the value of the Surburban, be willing to spend some effort determining its condition. And be willing to pay a bit more if it's in really good condition. Just don't get fooled because of your excitement in finding what might be exactly what you're looking for.

I've owned a lot of cars, trucks and bus's and I find it hard to be completely poker faced when I find exactly what i'm looking for, myself.

I purchased one used car and sold it the same day, just hours later. The next day I was upset and would like to have it back, bummer.

Low miles like that makes me think it was a short tripper or tow rig it's whole life. Are the tires mismatched on it?
They look a little funny in the picture. Have you seen this in person? Around here it would be a $6,000 vehicle.
Age alone would keep the price down.

Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
Mint with no miles regardless, its still a 16 year old truck, i wouldnt pay more than blue book good condition.

+1 - there have been many increases in safety features in 16 yrs.

Obviously-paying over book requires cash or the cash difference since banks won't loan over bank value-generally.

The risk you take with paying over book is that some other idiot on the road can crash into you at anytime and anything you pay over book is gone. Why take that kind of risk if you don't have to? I also suspect that many people who list for over book don't end up getting that amount, it just takes a while for them to lower the price. It's enough of a gamble buying a used car, why gamble more?

I'd say KBB private value. Look in TX dallas, houston they're plentiful. Might be harder to find the 8.1 though.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

The risk you take with paying over book is that some other idiot on the road can crash into you at anytime and anything you pay over book is gone. Why take that kind of risk if you don't have to? I also suspect that many people who list for over book don't end up getting that amount, it just takes a while for them to lower the price. It's enough of a gamble buying a used car, why gamble more?

Well yes....but it's the same risk driving a brand new car off the lot and getting in to an accident where your new car is totaled. A $30,000.00 new car isn't one just 6 months or so later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back