Looking into rotors - Dura brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm in Canada, I've been looking at options such as ordering through Rockauto, pay shipping + duty or amazon.ca for rotors.

Rockauto, I probably would get centric 120s, but I noticed amazon.ca has these rotors that has the same sort of e-coating. However, I'm not familiar with the brand, Dura International.

Any experience and feedback?

I have them on my parent's van - the local parts house had them cheaper than O'Reilly's house brand and they're coated. They work fine, but after reading an article about Raybestos suing Dura about lightweight rotors, I might pull them off and get the OEM Advics, Brembo blanks or Centrics.

I have used eBay.ca for brake parts. Bought a set of rotors and pads for my 2013 Sonata and have been on for a year - no problems.
Found a complete set of 4 - rotors and 4 - pads for pickup in Toronto. Installed them on my 2005 Uplander van and they were still on it when I sold it, no problems, 3 years and 75K kms later.
Best $132 I ever spent.

Stick to eBay sellers with many (1,000s) transactions, and 98%+ and higher ratings.

I would not get hung up on a brand, they are all reboxed, Chinese cheapies. Some are bare metal, some are painted and some are coated. Skip the middle man.
Shoot me a PM, I know s shop in Mississauga that has rotors for less than $30 a piece. If you want coatings, he's got those as well for far less than CT, Parts Source or Napa.

Last edited:
I prefer the painted rotors myself and willing to spend the extra $. Not familiar with e coating but if works better than painted I'd get it.

Dura is just another importer. I used some of their coated rotors on a customizers car and they looked and have worked fine so far. For a place that gets snow/salt I would get coated rotors vs bare ones.

I don't have experience with their rotors. But, I installed a wheel bearing/hub assembly on my sisters minivan, it failed 7 months later
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: nthach
I have them on my parent's van - the local parts house had them cheaper than O'Reilly's house brand and they're coated. They work fine, but after reading an article about Raybestos suing Dura about lightweight rotors, I might pull them off and get the OEM Advics, Brembo blanks or Centrics.

I just installed a set of Raybestos Professional Grade rotors on my Toyota truck today that I bought from RockAuto. They were manufactured January 2017, so hopefully they will be OK. So far so good, but it's day one!

Yes, coated rotors are awesome! Centric Premium or Wagner's new e-coated rotors (part number engine in E). There's probably nothing wrong with Dura's version, either.

Stopped at Napa today and they have coated rotors for the Matrix at $40 each. They just became available today. I think the non-coated ones are 20 something.

I installed a set of the coated Dura rotors on the back of my wife's van last year. They are holding up well so far.
I work at a dealership bodyshop and have gotten several sets of the Dura coated rotors for my technicians personal vehicles and they were all happy with the price and the quality.

Dura has economy non coated as well, but I always get the better coated ones, the price is not much more and they will probably last a bit longer here in the rust belt.

Would it kill us to post measured parallelism and runout? That would give us a real metric of quality.

It only takes a few more minutes per side. It's been discussed here before.

I've run the Power Stop coated rotors, have them on my Ipala now, they are great. The coating (not painted but coated) really makes a difference, still shiny and new looking after a year of driving including one winter in MN. I'll never go back to non-coated. The coating really makes a difference in the cooling vanes, no rust = longer rotor life IMO.

As far as brand, unless you are going OEM, i'd say pick something coated in the mid range. Pretty sure they are almost all the same rotor re-boxed. $40 for the Napa ones sound like a good deal.

I"ve used the ones from AAP and they have been good....used them on an accord, durango, and civic. with the online coupons they are cheap....never had any problems.... I havent used duralast from autozone but i do know their pads were terrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back