Mobil1 5w30 Annual Protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that WalMart started carrying these Mobil1 Extended Performance Oil Filters lately, but just last night I noticed that there is a new Mobil1 product that I have never even heard of, (or can't even find on their website:) Mobil1 5w30 Annual Protection. Label says "Ultimate Full Synthetic" on the front and nothing on the back of the label to compare it to other M1 brands. Price was almost 2x the regular M1 5w30 Full Synthetic. I think I'll stick with my M1 5w30 EP as they claim 15,000 miles on it, and it's only $28 for a 5qt jug. Will be interested to learn what makes this new Annual Protection variant cost so much more.

My OCI is twice a year. For that price, I can do 2 OC's using Magnatec and OEM filters with change left over.

Last edited:
I drive about 10-12K miles a year and change my oil at 10K intervals so that amounts to an annual oil change. Annual changes are probably a good idea with the right oil and driving conditions.

You can see my UOA just posted in the Passenger car oil thread. It was done at 160K total mileage.

Am I seeing an anti theft device on that jug???? Holy cow!!! Look it up behind the counter with the expensive baby formula
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Fsharp
I see an asterisk by that "1 full year". How many miles is it supposed to be able to go.

On another thread about this oil, the disclaimer says to follow the OLI and or manufacturers OCI.

I see an asterisk by that "1 full year". How many miles is it supposed to be able to go.

good observation! and i also wonder why this oil isn't on theyre website?

Originally Posted By: AirBull
I noticed that WalMart started carrying these Mobil1 Extended Performance Oil Filters lately, but just last night I noticed that there is a new Mobil1 product that I have never even heard of, (or can't even find on their website:) Mobil1 5w30 Annual Protection.

Originally Posted By: lexus114

This has been pretty much beaten to death already:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4334932/1

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: AirBull
I noticed that WalMart started carrying these Mobil1 Extended Performance Oil Filters lately, but just last night I noticed that there is a new Mobil1 product that I have never even heard of, (or can't even find on their website:) Mobil1 5w30 Annual Protection.

Originally Posted By: lexus114

This has been pretty much beaten to death already:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4334932/1

Yeah, I missed that with a quick search for Mobil1 Annual Protection. M1 5w30 EP for 15k miles is $28.48 but M1 5w30 AP for 20k miles is $48.48 - that's silly.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Am I seeing an anti theft device on that jug???? Holy cow!!! Look it up behind the counter with the expensive baby formula
smile.gif

Haha I noticed that too! That's absolutely HILARIOUS!! Every time I see those anti theft devices it always reminds me of a store we had years ago called Wilson's,and they always had those devices on the ghetto blasters in the stereo department haha.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
they always had those devices on the ghetto blasters in the stereo department haha.

theres a term i dont hear often

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
they always had those devices on the ghetto blasters in the stereo department haha.

theres a term i dont hear often

Get your mix tapes out!!!

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Waiting for the clearance sale. They will sell exactly none of this oil. Do they not know their buying demographic?

My fav post on this oil....LOL...

They didn't have a price for it on the shelf at Walmart. So I took it over to the scanner and almost dropped the jug when the price popped up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back