Peak Green vs Zerex Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zerex G05 is a better product if you are interested in converting, just flush out all the green. It's similar to green but ultra low silicate and protects better. I use G05 in everything american made once I flush out all the old stuff.it

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Zerex is rated for 5 years/150K, other than that, probably not a lot of difference, both are low silicate original green.

I wonder what's different about the Zerex vs other conventional greens that allow them to market it for longer usage?

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Zerex G05 is a better product if you are interested in converting, just flush out all the green. It's similar to green but ultra low silicate and protects better. I use G05 in everything american made once I flush out all the old stuff.it

Just changed a GMB water pump with 46k miles on it in my 1990 302. G05 cavitated around the impeller and ate through the outside housing. Looked like someone torched the inside of the water pump. G05 I don't think can be used with iron headed engines. I HOPE it didn't do any damages to the block or any gaskets.

Mainly for small block 302/351 engines. and a 02 v10 6.8. Ford says to use green in anything pre 2003. So that's what I will do.

Originally Posted By: Need4racin
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

Just changed a GMB water pump with 46k miles on it in my 1990 302. G05 cavitated around the impeller and ate through the outside housing. Looked like someone torched the inside of the water pump. G05 I don't think can be used with iron headed engines. I HOPE it didn't do any damages to the block or any gaskets.

Mainly for small block 302/351 engines. and a 02 v10 6.8. Ford says to use green in anything pre 2003. So that's what I will do.

my iron jeep 4.o came with go-5 from the factory.

My best guess would be Tyrrell was more water in the system than you thought but just guessing.

The wifes 2002 7.3 ford p/u has GO5 from the factory. I keep wanting to run ELC but it is easier to drain the rad and block then refill with 50/50ish GO5.

I don't see where Peak specifically promotes or advertises their Green to be a low silicate formula, as Zerex does. Likely why Zerex advertises a long service interval.

I'd suggest if you have any questions about Peak Green Conventional, like service interval or silicate level you contact them (Old World) directly through their contact tab/page. I've done that several times for different products and found their replies to be timely and informative.

What is the difference between Peak full strength green (Blue Bottle) and Zerex Original Green ZX001?

For a 02 and older Ford.

Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back