AC Delco PF46/Wix 51042XP Super Size Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm changing the oil on a neighbor's 2005 Suburban w/ 5.3 V8. Spec'd filter looks dinky for a V8. As I am not familiar with these engines are there larger filter size options that meet flow/pressure specs? This rig will be driving cross country in late spring and this filter will be the one that goes with it.

The Wix 51042XP is more than up to the task for the 5.3L engine.

But if you really feel the need to move up the Wix 51522XP has the same thread size, outside diameter, and flow rate.

Height is 115mm vs. 86mm.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
If it's not your car, then you should do what a professional does and use the specified filter.

Of course you always use the specified filter, but bigger is better you know and the professional engineers know nothing about designing an engine.

In this case, unless you specifically tell the owner what you are planning on doing (oversizing) and he gives permission, I think I'd stick with the spec size here. Even if he gives permission, do so cautiously as you could be on the hook should something happen. If that caution doesn't concern you, have at it as you've been foreworned.

Not being familiar with this application, leave it to others to provide the oversize.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
In this case, unless you specifically tell the owner what you are planning on doing (oversizing) and he gives permission, I think I'd stick with the spec size here. Even if he gives permission, do so cautiously as you could be on the hook should something happen. If that caution doesn't concern you, have at it as you've been foreworned.

Not being familiar with this application, leave it to others to provide the oversize.

last person why touched it, caused it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back