HASTINGS LF 641 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off a friends 2015 F-150 4x4 ref cab truck with 5.0 engine. Think he mentioned he ran Magnatec 5w30. Had 4,xxx miles on it and I didn't catch oil life %

Put a tough guard 10575 and edge 5w30 he supplied
smile.gif

Someone posted awhile back that Clarcor Baldwin was going to quit providing filters under the Hastings name. Didn't sound right to me then, and the Hastings filter site still up and the same. This one looks to be Clarcor construction. Louvers look good as typical of these.

In looking Hastings up did see where Parker Hannifin agreed to acquire Clarcor Filtration last December. Didn't know that. Parker to Acquire Clarcor Filtration.

This one looks ok. The baseplate indentions likely just part of stamping process or something similar.

When the element is put on the baseplate, how much room is there for the adbv to open? I cut open a B37 Baldwin, and there was only about 1mm of adbv opening. Ithought that was no good, but figured the area out and it actually was just a little more area than the inlet holes. Also the can was a very close fit to the element. They seem to try and put a lot of media inside, not waste space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back