Motorcycle coolant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I have a lot of this stuff laying around:

https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/9409196/00162

Can I use this one in motorcycle cooling system after a complete drain with distilled water and all?

Thanks for the help
thumbsup2.gif

I believe the super tech stuff is the same, and I run the ST.

From my manual:
Quote:
Recommended antifreeze High-quality ethylene glycol antifreeze containing corrosion inhibitors for aluminum engines Mixing ratio 1:1 (antifreeze:water) Quantity Total amount 2.51 L (2.21 Imp qt, 2.65 US qt) Coolant reservoir capacity 0.25 L (0.22 Imp qt, 0.26 US qt)

Seems like it is OK for my application as it is ok for aluminum, what does yours say?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dyusik
I believe the super tech stuff is the same, and I run the ST.

From my manual:
Quote:
Recommended antifreeze High-quality ethylene glycol antifreeze containing corrosion inhibitors for aluminum engines Mixing ratio 1:1 (antifreeze:water) Quantity Total amount 2.51 L (2.21 Imp qt, 2.65 US qt) Coolant reservoir capacity 0.25 L (0.22 Imp qt, 0.26 US qt)

Seems like it is OK for my application, what does yours say?

I have a 1996 VFR750:

Use Pro Honda HP coolant or an
equivalent high quality ethylene glycol
antifreeze containing corrosion protection
inhibitors specifically recommended for
use in aluminum engines. Check the
antifreeze container label
Use only distilled water as a part of the

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
2-EHA Dexclone. I sure wouldn't.

Sounds terrible, suggestion? Would Toyota pink fit the bill?

I just run the Honda labeled coolant. I know I'm getting screwed a bit on the price but bikes use such a relatively small amount of coolant that it's worth it just to pay the price and not have to read and try and decipher and evaluate the suitability of other coolants. Your mileage, of course, may vary.

Thanks, that's the response I got from peak:

Good Morning,

This is a 2EH formulation. It does not contain borate, phosphates or silicates.

Regards,

Peak Tech Services

2 years ago I used Prestone yellow bottle 50/50 stuff...back then the bottle clearly stated it was silicate-free which is what is needed for my bike; this year I will be using Peak blue bottle 50/50...specs online say silicate free and bottle says use in motorcycles is ok;

Use your manufacturers coolant. I wouldn't run anything but Kawasaki coolant in my Kawasaki's. No thank you Im not screwing up those cooling systems and neither should you.

I got an '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 and went to a Honda New Car Dealership where they also sell parts and bought a jug of their Honda Type-2 50/50 Pre-Mix blue, I hope it's ok for my bike, any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back