Racor Pff54529

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am already looking at suppliers to pick up my fuel filters for my 2017 3500. I see that the Fleetguard Fs53000 is the only option thus far for the final, engine mounted filter but I am looking at options for the rear canister filter. It appears to me it is a course filter with the main purpose of water separation. I see that Baldwin makes the BF46031 and Hastings has the FF1279. The factory filters are 83 and 87$ respectively before tax at the dealer. I have to check with the Local Cummins shop and see what they have available.

What are your thoughts on these alternatives? I feel they are from reputable companies, any other recommendations?

thanks!

Parker/Racor is top self stuff, Baldwin/Hastings (Same company) also makes good filters.

I run a Baldwin water separator & a Fleetguard fuel filter on my frame mount lift pump. And a Racor fuel filter on the engine mounted filter head.

Amazon link for both filters-$88.95 below, I watch the prices on them and picked them up in December for $75 from this link on amazon. Replaced mine yesterday.

http://a.co/aH13Zy6

FWIW
If I remember correctly the Warranty requires a 5 micron chassis filter. The Wix is 6 micron the racor/mopar are 5 micron.

Last edited:
Well I did some further digging and the the FS53000 varied from 87 to 97$ depending on the dealer or even the Cummins truck shop. The rear was 82 at the dealer and the FS20089 was about 86 at the Cummins shop. I was thought about a US order but the exchange and shipping would make it a wash.

BUT Fleetguard does offer the FS20089 as a rear replacement.

Originally Posted By: BrianF
Well I did some further digging and the the FS53000 varied from 87 to 97$ depending on the dealer or even the Cummins truck shop. The rear was 82 at the dealer and the FS20089 was about 86 at the Cummins shop. I was thought about a US order but the exchange and shipping would make it a wash.

BUT Fleetguard does offer the FS20089 as a rear replacement.

Thanks for posting. I didn't even know they made the FS20089.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back