SuperTech motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engines have all kinds of problems, many of which have little or nothing to do with the lube oil.

But we can say with confidence that engines run on oils that meet the OEM requirement, kept topped up within the dipstick band, and changed at OEM recommended intervals rarely have lube oil related failures.

Originally Posted By: Diesel16
Originally Posted By: Hootbro

If that's the case then why isint everyone in this forum using ST oil? I don't need to show anybody facts about anything. I've worked on my fair share of engines that have ran cheap oil and they had lots of problems. These engines also had there oil changed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles as well. If ST oil is as good as Amsoil then everyone and their brother would be using it and the big name oil brands would go out of business plain and simple because nobody would be buying them anymore.

This seems to happen with almost every thread on SuperTech oil is posted. You always have the camp that confuses cheap vs. value. While SuperTech is cheap in price, it offers value when grade,vehicle oil specifications are OCI are matched to it.

Nobody is confusing cheap vs value. Like I said a few times already. If you wanna run ST oil and filters and have luck with them then by all means use them. If you wanna have piece of mind and don't wanna have to worry about "what if's" then run something better in it plain and simple. Not saying it's the worst oil in the world and everyone who uses it is bad. Im just saying some people will have more piece of mind using a better oil. That is all. Oh and if you noticed in my post that you quoted I said the engines that had problems ran cheap oil. I never said they ran ST oil.

No you didn't but it was nice of you to make that very clear. I have used and may well use ST again in my life. For now I am using the Motorcraft, PYB, and QS stash I have for my F150. Later I may even move it to Chevron Supreme. As I said though ST is always possible for me.

Originally Posted By: bchannell
"Well I know for a fact had I used cheap oil in those engines I would have had a lot of problems."

Show us the facts.

Anyone who says ST just meets the specs obviously doesn't read PQIA. Heck, from the numbers on the add pack, it doesn't miss Amsoil by much.
It's good oil, and will not damage any engine spec'd properly.

You just said in your post that I quoted that "it doesn't miss Amsoil by much" Right there in your own writing in your own post your pretty much saying that is almost as good as Amsoil. That's a pretty big comparison for such a cheap oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 4WD
Yep - I have even offered up my extreme maintenance records at trade time - and "we don't need that" is all you will get.

Agreed. The number one issue any dealer is concerned about at trade in time is how the vehicle looks. And if you have clear title or how much money (if any) you owe on it. That's their priorities.

Nobody is confusing cheap vs value. Like I said a few times already. If you wanna run ST oil and filters and have luck with them then by all means use them. If you wanna have piece of mind and don't wanna have to worry about "what if's" then run something better in it plain and simple. Not saying it's the worst oil in the world and everyone who uses it is bad. Im just saying some people will have more piece of mind using a better oil. That is all. Oh and if you noticed in my post that you quoted I said the engines that had problems ran cheap oil. I never said they ran ST oil.

Ahh, you have succumbed to the "feelz" of major oil brand marketing. Kinda like buying name brand milk at the store instead of the store brand, the feelz is that much sweeter but it tastes the same.

I tell you what, I will buy your next oil change if you can find me an instance where ST oils have failed when both grade, spec's and OCI were adhered to. Of course this is rhetorical because it is not out there but if by weird circumstance you find it, I will honor the offer regardless.

I think Supertech Oil is practical and more cost effective in large 6+ qrt. sumps because no matter what - you need two 5 gal. jugs of oil to fill large sumps which can get expensive .

Originally Posted By: Hootbro

Ahh, you have succumbed to the "feelz" of major oil brand marketing. Kinda like buying name brand milk at the store instead of the store brand, the feelz is that much sweeter but it tastes the same.

I tell you what, I will buy your next oil change if you can find me an instance where ST oils have failed when both grade, spec's and OCI were adhered to. Of course this is rhetorical because it is not out there but if by weird circumstance you find it, I will honor the offer regardless.

Seriously Hootbro can you just let it die man. Geez. This thread has been dead since the 22nd. Just let it go brother. If your using ST oil then good for you. End of story. Just let it go. Let it go.

Last edited:
Whatever makes him sleep better at night. To be honest it doesn't really matter what oil we use. If one wants to use pennzoil then cool. If one wants to use ST then cool. If one wants to use Amsoil then cool. Different strokes for different Gilles. Just let it die guys.

Whatever makes him sleep better at night. To be honest it doesn't really matter what oil we use. If one wants to use pennzoil then cool. If one wants to use ST then cool. If one wants to use Amsoil then cool. Different strokes for different Gilles. Just let it die guys.

and if one wants to beat on their chest and say one is just so fantastic one's stuff doesn't stink, then one can do so as well

Originally Posted By: steve20

and if one wants to beat on their chest and say one is just so fantastic one's stuff doesn't stink, then one can do so as well

Nobody is beating on their chest saying one is better then the other..... But ok..... Lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back