Does anybody like Havoline motor oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Havoline Pro DS and conventional Havoline as well. It is gone from AAP and I think it's being taken out of O Reilly's too. It's on "special" there but is not listed in their store ad. Which makes me think that it is going away before too long. I know that Futuredoc likes Havoline a lot as well plus others.

Ran it for the last year til I switched to kendall high mileage. It did really good in the the Vic I was happy with it

Originally Posted By: EscapeVelocity
That brand doesnt seem to get much talk on the forum.

That's a very heavy question I think.

When Havoline was a Texaco brand back in the 80s and 90s I heard a lot of mechanics say it was bad to sludge up an engine, but now it's affiliated with Chevron. Chevron oil in the blue bottles available at their gas stations back in the 90s and early 2000s seemed to be very good engine oil. I used it in several vehicles.

I have seen Havoline oil in 25 years or so, but the Term Dino oil fit them well, there used to be dino bits floating out of the bottle, as you poured it out.

I'm a 3rd generation Havoline user and it's my go to oil. I've never had any oil related problems nor have I experienced any sludging or abnormal oil usage in automotive or OPE applications.

I also remember both my grandfathers and most of my uncles saying nothing but good things about Havoline motor oils.

Hence, when I see it on sale, I tend to stock up on it! Also, the UOAs I have obtained have always shown Havoline to be a robust oil.

I like and use Havoline/Chevron oils.
Not much is talked about them but they are very good under rated oils.
When they go on sale, I make sure to stock up.
Currently I have some Havoline ProDS 5W30 and Chevron Supreme 10W30 in my stash.

Ran Havoline in the 60s, and 70s, thats about it.....it is good oil, would not know where to buy it now.

I recently bought the last 3 quarts of it at AAP on clearance recently. I do need a 4th quart for the oil change. O'reillys has it but priced at $5.49. Which was the recent price of the full syn version not long ago. I was thinking maybe just add a quart of Peak 5w30. Esp if I can get it at Napa for .90.

I've noticed more oil usage in two of my Fords using Havoline synthetic compared to PP and Mobil 1. It's not a lot of usage but more than the other 2 oils. I'm spoiled not having to add oil even in a 9,000 mile OCI, it's barely below the full mark usually. With the Havoline it's down usually 3/4 quart in 5,000 miles. As I said it's nothing to be concerned about.

Whimsey

It's a top of the line oil. Ultimate sleeper. Chevron makes it. Can't go wrong with that or chevron supreme. Chevron supreme currently running a $6 rebate on 5 qt jugs of dino.

Been a while - but when my stash of Dex VI runs out they sure have a good priced synthetic to grab ...

My favorite brand of oil.

I usually buy it at Walmart.com and have it shipped to the house for free if you buy over $50 worth of stuff per order.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I particularly like the Havoline full synthetic 5w-20 I bought in 2015 at Advance for $2 a quart. Overall the Havoline oils should be close to Chevron oils in composition and quality. What's not to like at the right price?

And it is the preferred oil of Gas Monkey Garage. "Git cha summah that!"

Friend used the synthetic in his Ford PU for several years; swears he got better mileage than a couple of other brands.
I've used it for a few years due to a $6 coupon deal. Still have some to go, so will continue to
use it.

Havoline synthetic 5w30 is a really great product but I get my oil from only two places, at Walmart in jugs or auto parts stores on clearance, so I have to run other stuff

I'd love to try the Havoline ProDS Euro if it was available at retailers...

I like the rest of their line up and would run them if I had *ahem* normal cars. Their ATF does great in my transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back