Lets see the cars!!!!

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Gots the factory optioned color coded funnel?

LOL yeah.... , nah it's because when these pictures were taken the engine burned tons of oil, i changed the valve stem seals in August and now it's burns next to nothing, it's still there though!

Originally Posted By: Finn
Right after the wash this morning.

XJR-1.jpg

That's a classy looking car

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
That's a classy looking car

Thank you.

Took the old lady to car wash as well and she turned out quite nice.

1996ZJ.jpg

What country of manufacture/plant was your car made in FordCapriDriver?

The car was made at the Cologne Ford plant in Germany in September 1975 , the engine is a British Essex V6 engine so it was cast at the Ford engine plant in Dagenham, London.
All the Capris sold in the US by Mercury dealers also came from this plant.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
Original and unrestored!
Russell hommage 8/6/16 by Capri Driver, en Flickr

The paint is in really good shape for a 40+ y/o car.

Well, the pain isn't original, it was repainted in 2012 but otherwise it is untouched, it has never had any major mechanical overhaul or rust repairs.

Any underhood pictures of the Acura SubyRoo?

5nodbk.jpg

Not too much to see really. I only have the header because the factory manifold cracked and couldn't find a replacement locally. It's fairly clean for 264k miles. Just need to clean up under the hood and redo the valve cover so it isn't flaking off. Anyone know where I can get that hood seal you can see sagging down in the pic?

Mint. Just use RTV and stick/glue it.

Looks great, I would leave the chipping paint of the valve cover alone and just try to keep it from spreading. It adds character, which you have plenty with a car that clean with those kind of miles.

Fluids look a bit dark: psf, clutch and brake

Last edited:
Back