FRAM TG3614 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was used on a 3.8L Dodge Grand Caravan for eleven months and 5,600 miles.

This was my first time using Valvoline full syn MaxLife, and I'm amazed by its cleaning power. I've used GTL Pennzoil Platinum, Valvoline SynPower, and Valvoline Durablend from the time it was purchased (used) up until now, and the filters have always been nearly spotless.

4Zy5IbK.jpg

b1CBKTZ.jpg

d9lvWiN.jpg

HBAJWHy.jpg

4ISHE6X.jpg

For reference, this is what the filters have all looked like up until this last one. I don't have an old picture of the inside of the can, but they were clean except for a few bits of carbon.
qFesgrv.jpg

Well, with the exception of the waviness at the pleat, which in my mind is not really a problem, the filter looks excellent.

And it's very interesting regarding the darkness of the filter, and the crud within it. Good to know about the Valvoline Synth, since I've got a few jugs in my stash.

That's the same combo I'm running and a few miles shy of 10k. Valvoline 0w20 full syn-Maxlife and a Fram TG. The oil color is still on the lighter side. No where near black as midnight.

Originally Posted By: car51
Looks great! Valvoline=DAM GOOD OIL

How many years, and how many hundreds of thousands of miles have you used Valvoline?

Last edited:
Does all that really matter????? No it doesn't. And.... Even if someone has just used it for a yr or so doesn't invalidate what they think. Does the fact that you've used Mobil 1 since the continents split from Pangaea make your observations anymore valid???? In my opinion... Yes. But I still think someone's new observations are good as well.

Yeah car51 I think that VWB or other Valvoline oils are very, very good indeed. I like my Mobil Super Synthetic I have in my car now. Really don't see the need for the Mobil 1.

Hey TIG1, stop with the M1 fanboy routine

You made an evaluation for Valvoline(which I believe is an excellent product),so how did you personally test this oil to make your claim?

I could care less about M1 oils. No wonder why vehicles I have run it in consume oil
frown.gif

I use M1 full synthetic in my Tacoma and it doesn't burn any oil to speak of. Guess it's a tight engine.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Hey TIG1, stop with the M1 fanboy routine

You made an evaluation for Valvoline(which I believe is an excellent product),so how did you personally test this oil to make your claim?

I don't make any evaluations. Valvoline doesn't sludge engines for your info either. M1 isn't the best oil out there either. I'll continue using valvoline or Castrol oils thank you very much

Also, I find it odd that this M1 0w40 doesn't have BMW spec anymore. Care to give all of us the real truthful answer instead of a canned reply?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I could care less about M1 oils. No wonder why vehicles I have run it in consume oil
frown.gif

I use M1 full synthetic in my Tacoma and it doesn't burn any oil to speak of. Guess it's a tight engine.

Oil burning and leaking used to be the case with M1, but since the conversion to "synthesized dino" it doesn't do that anymore. At least not for me.

Thanks for doing this, I bought a TG and some Castrol Edge Titanium LL at WM last night. The Edge is out of my comfort zone, but the recent UOA's indicate its more stabil than M1 for extended drains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back