SuperTech High Mileage 5w30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen much discussion on this one lately. The existing ones mostly date back about 6 years or so. Any new info on this? VOA? UOA? How does it compare to Maxlife?

Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE
Doesn't look so impressive, especially the volatility and TBN

Agree....not impressive at all for a conventional (dino).
Suggest spending a few bucks extra....and try either Quaker State HM (green bottle)or Pennzoil. IMO, both are superior
to Super Tech HM.

Doubtful, as you have no proof theirs oils are "better"

You're just staying your opinion like many others here. Opinions vary so you know

Made my humble opinion by looking at the 'PQIA' website and comparing the oils mentioned. I've never used either, but checking out the stouter additive package, they seem superior to me.

Originally Posted By: car51

You're just staying your opinion like many others here. Opinions vary so you know
Kinda hilarious that people judge a Oil by a VOA. Sad what this site has BECOME

car 51....maybe its time to move off this site since its BECOME so sad. Personally, I've had enough pictures of your cut open filters to last a lifetime (but you do take good photos).

Kinda hilarious that people judge a Oil by a VOA. Sad what this site has BECOME

I'm just stating that there's so much hatred here and allowing banned members back on here it's sick

Maybe I will leave this site as same topics are re hashed daily
frown.gif

Car51, why are you coming across so hostile? I'm still learning and trying to understand what exactly makes an oil "better" than another. This topic hasn't been discussed, as far as google search states, since 2012ish. New information and formulations could have happened since then. If you don't like what you read, you have the freedom to ignore and move on.
smile.gif

Last edited:
I'm not being hostile, just tired of the auto responses from certain folks that their oil, whatever is "best"

I learn from DNewton, bbhero, OVERKILL and other folks. There is no best oil btw; and there certainly is nothing wrong with ST oils, NAPA oils and others.

The oil I am using is good, better, best oil until I find something gooder, betterer, or bestes!

fwiw i stopped useing st oils because unlikely its possible they could switch suppliers. just dont like the fact that formulation may change. when i buy a name brand i know for sure what im getting.

I remember you used to be like TIG1, or a Mobil 1 fanboy. What the heavens name happened? LOL!

As I explained..... I switched to QSUD, mainly because I felt my engine seemed louder (with Mobile 1) than it should be. QSUD seemd to solve this problem and quieted my engine down significantly.

car51....just looking at your posts, you seem to be all over the place regarding oil for your own use. I can see why you agree (as I do) that there is NO BEST OIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back