Added a new scooter to my "stable"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a new 2017 Vespa Sprint S 150.

oWyA82.jpg

VjybKE.jpg

congrats!

Surprised, why no Vino 125 in your lineup?

That was my first bike. Boy was it a hoot! Especially when I'd out-accelerate cars to 50 at intersections.
lol.gif

Great looking scooter. How do you like your Forza? I was looking at one but i couldn't pass up the great deal i got on an NOS kymco downtown 300i.

The Forza is very smooth. Love the engine. The ride is a tad harsh on larger bumps, but not bad. The power (for a scooter) is really nice when getting onto interstates. I would say the only gripe I have is the seat. The "hump" that Honda put into the seat prevents me from getting a bit better leg room. I'll probably replace the seat at some point when a suitable one is available online.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
A buddy has the Piaggio Fly 150 .. he likes it a lot.

I was VERY close to getting the Fly. They had a nice looking black 2017 I liked. It was just hard to compare almost any scooter to the quality of the Vespa. I'm no snob about any scooters/bikes...but when I saw a Vespa in person and looked at it closely as well as noticing all the metal used in it's build, I was sold.
Of course, it's cost is high and it took a while for me to come to terms with that.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
congrats!

Surprised, why no Vino 125 in your lineup?

That was my first bike. Boy was it a hoot! Especially when I'd out-accelerate cars to 50 at intersections.
lol.gif

Well, because I could not find and any new Vino's in that size. They stopped making them, but I looked for a used one...but no suitable luck.

Last edited:
Nice Scoots!!

Here is my Honda Ruckus:

FB_IMG_1422747998878.jpg

And my mint 1986 Honda Elite 250:

250a.jpg

Last edited:
nice collection! both of the Vespa-Piaggio operations in my area went belly up; the one was scoots attached to a outdoor power equipment dealership...they had Vespa, Piaggio, Aprilia, and Royal Enfield (OPE division sold & scoot/moto sales killed); the other was attached to a powersports-motorcycle dealership (Kawasaki, Polaris, Victory...wondering if they are gonna grab Indian since Polaris killed Victory)...they handled Vespa & Piaggio; scoots are hit & miss in my area...there is a dedicated club (Three Mile Island Scooter Club), but my region is small-medium cities, suburbs, and vast rural farming areas; many more motorcycle enthusiasts; what remains for scoots sales are Genuine, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kymco, and various Chinese brand dealers...Kymco are on the outskirts and I feel the powersports-motorcycle dealership would do ok bringing in Kymco to fill that void left when they dropped Vespa-Piaggio;

personally I will be adding a leftover new 2013 Genuine Buddy 125 to my vehicle list next month...dealer gave me a great deal since I have done lots of business with them over the last 6 years (scoot sales, trade-ins, maintenance, repairs, parts, accessories, etc)

Last edited:
Scooters are crazy popular down this way, since we never really have a "bad" season, most everything is contained near the coast, and insurance (that does not need to be carried on a scooter) runs of the expensive side.

I think I ride my Kymco more than my motorcycles. Just seems like such a waste to drive anything else when going to pick up little things or for short trips. Why not get some two-wheel riding in? Probably favors my car/truck OCI's since short trips are much less frequent on them.

Seems andrewg loves to ride scooter from the looks of things.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Nice Scoots!!

Here is my Honda Ruckus:

FB_IMG_1422747998878.jpg

And my mint 1986 Honda Elite 250:

250a.jpg

Love the old Elite.

Originally Posted By: kmrcstintn
nice collection! both of the Vespa-Piaggio operations in my area went belly up; the one was scoots attached to a outdoor power equipment dealership...they had Vespa, Piaggio, Aprilia, and Royal Enfield (OPE division sold & scoot/moto sales killed); the other was attached to a powersports-motorcycle dealership (Kawasaki, Polaris, Victory...wondering if they are gonna grab Indian since Polaris killed Victory)...they handled Vespa & Piaggio; scoots are hit & miss in my area...there is a dedicated club (Three Mile Island Scooter Club), but my region is small-medium cities, suburbs, and vast rural farming areas; many more motorcycle enthusiasts; what remains for scoots sales are Genuine, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kymco, and various Chinese brand dealers...Kymco are on the outskirts and I feel the powersports-motorcycle dealership would do ok bringing in Kymco to fill that void left when they dropped Vespa-Piaggio;

personally I will be adding a leftover new 2013 Genuine Buddy 125 to my vehicle list next month...dealer gave me a great deal since I have done lots of business with them over the last 6 years (scoot sales, trade-ins, maintenance, repairs, parts, accessories, etc)

We have a Genuine dealer here as well. They really have a varied lineup. I haven't seen any in person yet, but have looked online.

Yes, most rural areas don't do well with scooter sales. So many people like motorcycles instead of scooters as when many see them as rather "wimpy" or not capable enough to handle open roads. Some truth to that with the smaller cc scoots. A lot also has to do with some guys not wanting to be perceived as a "pansy" because they ride a scooter. When I ride the Harley guys won't wave...but that was expected and I couldn't care any less about that.

Congratulations with the leftover Buddy scoot. Post some pics when you get it, as I'd be interested in seeing it.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Scooters are crazy popular down this way, since we never really have a "bad" season, most everything is contained near the coast, and insurance (that does not need to be carried on a scooter) runs of the expensive side.

I think I ride my Kymco more than my motorcycles. Just seems like such a waste to drive anything else when going to pick up little things or for short trips. Why not get some two-wheel riding in? Probably favors my car/truck OCI's since short trips are much less frequent on them.

Seems andrewg loves to ride scooter from the looks of things.
thumbsup2.gif

I can 100% see why scooters are a hit where you are.

I see scooters as hitting the mark in several key areas for me. No constant shifting in towns (I have carpal tunnel), very low noise levels so I can hear my surroundings, simple to operate and navigate, and the best part is that they are just plain fun! I won't ever be going back to motorcycles.

I hear ya.

Good deal easier to handle than a motorcycle in many ways. Step-in instead of step-over, easier to balance, common sense brake operation, and more storage.

I've gotten some pretty good laughs when I've come back from the WalMart by the beach with a week's worth of groceries under the seat and the rear bin, and a 36 lb. box of cat litter between my feet secured to the forward hook.

I think people wonder why a person with 3 large trucks in his driveway would do such a thing, but it can't be explained. Maybe I'm crazy, but it's quite satisfying in some odd way.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: andrewg

250a.jpg

Love the old Elite. [/quote]

They kinda have a "cult" status with collectors. Parts are getting harder and harder to find!! I trailered it to a scoot show 2 years ago, and one of my rubber floor mats flew off. It cost me $100 to buy a real replacement!!

Yes....I noticed that about those Elite's. I see one in my area for pretty cheap on Craigslist. I thought about buying it....but came to realize I'd better slow down the purchases lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back