RAM 1500 3.6l filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the best canister filter for a 2014 RAM 1500 3.6l V6?

I figured Fram was but they don't make an Ultra equivalent. The K&N part# is PS-7026, for reference.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch

I figured Fram was but they don't make an Ultra equivalent. The K&N part# is PS-7026, for reference.

I just looked it up and Fram says it's the XG11665.

I got a good deal on a 6 pack of Mopar filters on Ebay and I've been using them. I do like the looks of the MG1009 microGreen Oil Filter. But not at $16.99 each. If I find them at a lower price, $10.99 or so I might give them a try. I wish Fram would offer an Ultra version of them [that actually exists in a store], I've seen the catalog listing but never the filter. If I could find them I'd switch over when my Mopar supply is gone.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

I just looked it up and Fram says it's the XG11665.

Good luck try to find one of those. I have yet to see anything other than the CH11665 from Fram on the shelf. The XG11665 is a unicorn.

Originally Posted By: JC1
You can also get Wix from Rockauto. That's what I'm currently using in my 2015 Caravan.

Yeah, that's what I use too. No issues and I double stint them.

Where in California are you? I have some Frams I got in a bulk purchase that I'm not going to use I can give you.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
^^ If someone can show me where to buy them it would be appreciated.^^

Looks like WalMart carries them but only in stores.

My local WM says it has the FU in stock...I may need to go check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Went to my local WM today to grab a few things. Noticed one of the auto department guys was resetting the filter racks and displays. I asked about the Fram Ultra. He looked at his rack diagram and said "yep its part of the reset. It's probably in the back on the pallet." He said the guy on the evening shift was going to finish the reset and told me if I came back tomorrow, it should be on the shelf. Score!

Originally Posted By: ted s
mopar filter

I agree with this. The Mopar OEM is actually a very good filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back