Long lasting durable wax recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can find it? Collinite 845 otherwise I would grab some nufinish. I prefer Collinite but if you are looking for a durable surface product either will suit your purpose

Another 845 fan here. I've switched to sealant on my other two cars but decided to go 'old school' on the BMW for some reason and use my 845. It's simply a great product if you're ok with more frequent applications when compared to a sealant.

I refresh sealant every 6mo. With the 845 every 3-4mo for optimal shine but water will bead for 8-9 months.

I've found 845 to be good for 3-4 months on a garaged car. It may last longer, but I wax every season regardless.

It hasn't fared as well on my outdoor beater, but it's still better than a typical wax.

The only thing about working with 845 is the need to treat it like a baby's bottle, either by warming it up in the sun, or a water bath, so that it liquefies. Otherwise, it's a soft goop.

I'm curious about Fast Finish. If it lasts even half as long as they claim, and is so easy to apply, it sounds perfect for the beater.

Originally Posted By: Carmudgeon

The only thing about working with 845 is the need to treat it like a baby's bottle, either by warming it up in the sun, or a water bath, so that it liquefies. Otherwise, it's a soft goop.

I put mine in the ol microwave.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: Carmudgeon

I'm curious about Fast Finish. If it lasts even half as long as they claim, and is so easy to apply, it sounds perfect for the beater.

Reminds me of Paint Protect 365 claims. It sure as heck didn't last 365 days, that's for sure. Fast Finish better be real good and last a long time to knock Sonax PNS off my shelf. But hopefully it will surprise me.

I used Fast Finish this past weekend. Even if it lasts 3-6 months, I will be happy. Much more user friendly than PNS

Nu Finish will outlast Collinite 845, in my experiences and its cheaper and easier to obtain. I would like to see someone compare NF with Collinite 476. I heard the 476 is very durable. Apply another coat of paint sealant and follow it up with coat of 476 or NF.

New car owner here who doesn't have a lot of time for waxing ... Is Nu finish safe for a new car ?

Originally Posted By: Eddie
NuFinish has been outstanding in the durability area for many years, ED

+1......I've also been a multi-year user of Nu-Finish. The finish lasts a long time (1 year plus) and IMO, gives a great shine.
Reasonable in price....and easy to find....Why spend any more $$$'s than necessary.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
New car owner here who doesn't have a lot of time for waxing ... Is Nu finish safe for a new car ?

I too was thinking about NuFinish when I purchased the IBIZ kit from Costco to give it a try on my Optima. I'll report back then.

Anyone use Nu Finish on a new car with good paint to begin with ? Hopefully not too strong to use on a new car ...

I have used NuFinish on all my new vehicles without any issues at all. NuFinish has a very light cleaner and does little more than remove road grime and any oxidation. Ed

Good to know Ed - As for tips on using I am thinking : Apply it thin (I bought a new can of Nu Finish paste wax) , don't get it in cracks and stay away from rubber or plastic ?

Klasse AIO seems to be holding up on an Accord I did for a friend. No wax/sealant lasts forever outside. I've seen the dealership-applied stuff go to waste after 2 months.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
Anyone use Nu Finish on a new car with good paint to begin with ? Hopefully not too strong to use on a new car ...

Too strong? I don't really know what that means but it is safe for all paint finishes that are not matte. Apply it very thin and keep it off of trim pieces, it's a bugger to remove.

I like and use NuFinish on my new vehicles from the first month of ownership. I also learned the hard way to keep NF OFF any rubber or black trim. It leaves a white substance which is difficult to remove but, it can be accomplished with effort. NuFinish has one additional thing going for it and that is it filters out much of the UV which is very hard on paint.

I've become enamored of the Chemical Guys product line, and swear by their Jet Seal product. I tend to do an occasional touch-up with their V07 spray sealant.

I am currently using Soft 99 "Fusso light" on my Saab 9-5.

Looks like wax, is applied like wax, but really isn't - it is a teflon coating. Stinks as [censored], so only applie in well ventilated spaces or outoddors, and gloves might not be a bad idea.
I applied the stuff in early August... that's 8 months and 15.000km now, inculding a south german winter with loads of salt. Last week, I washed the car for the first time, and the stuff is still there...

See my blog for further details:
https://turboseize.wordpress.com/2017/03/12/turboseize-testet-soft-99-fusso-fukupika/

Text ist german, but google/bing translator might help, and the pictures and videos should be multilingual.
cool.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back