06 buick lacrosse high mount brake light

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the rear high mounted brake lights are out on my lacrosse.It looks like it has 5 led lights, they look white but they light up red?? anyway what is the part number and how do you change them ?? thanks in advance

A quick Google search brought me this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=buick+la...iZ2v2kE1npr46M:

Image from above link:
2010-07-24_183440_lamp_0000.jpg

You can Google for the part number.

When the CHMSL went out on our '01 Aurora, I found it was just the diode on the IC. Not sure how comfy you are with probing IC components and resoldering but it saved me a ton of money.

Check the wiring first, it could have been damaged by cramming stuff in the trunk.

Originally Posted By: mk378
Check the wiring first, it could have been damaged by cramming stuff in the trunk.

Yep it would be rare for all 5 bulbs to be out probably wiring, fuse or something on the board

It's a LED module, if it gets power but doesn't light up you replace the whole unit. Unless you want to try some hacking.

As someone posted check the wires first. This is an expensive part, about $160 online minimum but for interior mounted ones the Dorman seem to hold up fine if they make one for a third of the price. Most of the Dorman stuff is garbage but they do get a few things right and this is one of them.

This is the connector in the trunk, have someone step on the brakes and probe the connector white wire from the car to the third brake light, there should be +12v.
Check the black wire for continuity to ground with a VOM it should be zero or close to it (the brake pedal need not be depressed or power on for this test).

These are the instructions to go along with the picture Tegger posted.

Same picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back