Need recommendations for an oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Iowegian
It looks like Purolator BOSS is also an option for you. The filter looks like a quality built filter for extended periods. However they only put out 99% efficient but not to what micron level.

BOSS is 99% @ 40 microns per the "Purolator Response Office". LINK

No Boss fits my car.

Originally Posted By: MajorCavalry
It looks like Purolator BOSS is also an option for you. The filter looks like a quality built filter for extended periods. However they only put out 99% efficient but not to what micron level.

No Boss fits my car.

Are you sure?

Bought two Mobil 1 oil filters from Pep Boys on sale for $15. Good for 15k miles so should work well my 10k interval.

Now to decide on 5 or 10k oil changes....

No Boss fits my car.

Thanks for the info. This did not come up when I went to the purolater website.
Are you sure?

Yikes!
Thanks for the info!

Bought two Mobil 1 oil filters from Pep Boys on sale for $15. Good for 15k miles so should work well my 10k interval.

Good choice too
What oil are you using? I may have missed that.
What does the manual say for oil change interval?
Overextend what the manual says will kill the warranty.

Otherwise you can do a happy medium OCI of 7,500. Send it in for an evaluation. Than go to 10,000 miles

Good choice too
What oil are you using? I may have missed that.
What does the manual say for oil change interval?
Overextend what the manual says will kill the warranty.

Otherwise you can do a happy medium OCI of 7,500. Send it in for an evaluation. Than go to 10,000 miles

Factory recommendation is 10K miles with synthetic 0w20 unless severe conditions which is extensive idling, heavily loaded car, sustained high speeds. Don't do any of these. Thinking of TGMO, Mobil 1 AFE, or Castrol Magnatec. All 0w-20.

Is Magnatec being discontinued ? To me, seems like it was on nationwide clearance ?

Walmart has a pretty good supply of it. The stuff that AAP was getting rid of was old stock I believe. Since they were also getting rid of other brands like Havoline 10w30, Synpower 20w50 and others. One of the employees posted a list of all the oils. I picked up 33 quarts for a nickel each.

No Boss fits my car.

Are you sure?

Went to the website and got this same information. When I click on the link for the boss and the one filter, I get a screen that says product is not available. Only the Classic is listed.

The PBL25609 is in stock at Advance Auto Parts and Carquest
smile.gif

Up to xxx miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back