NSX @ Texas World Speedway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a '92 NSX, so of course, I had to get it out on track. Let me just say that it was an amazing experience. I could not smile enough. I know it's been said over and over, but what a great handling car; it just begs to be driven hard.

I'm running M1 0W-40 in it, FWIW.

yQd3sBc.jpg

I've got a bit of a build thread here if you are curious about the car: https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/5429-oops-i-did-it-again/

Originally Posted By: SubyRoo
Beautiful car, I've always wanted the chance to drive one. I like the wheels, are they Speedline?

They're Tecnomagnesio wheels made from a magnesium alloy; very light! And pretty cool looking.

robert

I test drove a used one that was out in front of a Lexus dealer. It was a blast and much more fun to drive than a 911. You could throw it around like a Civic which was a lot of fun.

Nice!
I've got a 91, super fun track car. Has also been my daily driver for a number of years.

I have a UOA of German Castrol 0w30, Mobil 1 0w40 and Amsoil 5w30 synchromesh in the transmission that I've been meaning to post here.... I think you've just motivated me to finally do it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: heynow
Nice!
I've got a 91, super fun track car. Has also been my daily driver for a number of years.

I have a UOA of German Castrol 0w30, Mobil 1 0w40 and Amsoil 5w30 synchromesh in the transmission that I've been meaning to post here.... I think you've just motivated me to finally do it
laugh.gif

Very cool. How many miles do you have on yours? What's the usual oil fill? I have to admit that I run M1 0W-40 in almost everything, but it was kind of hard to move away from the OEM recommended 10W-30 in this case. I've got a digital oil temperature and pressure gauge and didn't really notice much of a difference in pressure.

It's funny, I bought this on a lark really, and figured I'd probably end up driving it around town more while the S2000 become a more dedicated track car. However, after driving it around town a bit and then at the track, I'm afraid it may become the track car and the S2000 will remain my "nice daily". We'll see.

robert

Originally Posted By: robertcope
Nice!

laugh.gif

Very cool. How many miles do you have on yours? What's the usual oil fill? I have to admit that I run M1 0W-40 in almost everything, but it was kind of hard to move away from the OEM recommended 10W-30 in this case. I've got a digital oil temperature and pressure gauge and didn't really notice much of a difference in pressure.

It's funny, I bought this on a lark really, and figured I'd probably end up driving it around town more while the S2000 become a more dedicated track car. However, after driving it around town a bit and then at the track, I'm afraid it may become the track car and the S2000 will remain my "nice daily". We'll see.

robert

Bought it at 89,000, about 123,000 currently. Haven't been too consistent with oil brands... here's the link to the UOA's:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4310610/91_Acura_NSX,_RL_5w30_6,488_GC

And pics from my valve adjustment:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3122059

Last edited:

Bought it at 89,000, about 123,000 currently. Haven't been too consistent with oil brands... here's the link to the UOA's:

Neat, thanks. I'll probably just stick with M1 0W-40. It's always worked for me before and it seems like it agreed with your engine. I've got 108K on mine, it's just a baby!

Wow you did some major surgery on yours. Impressive! Did you do that work?

robert

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Nice classic NSX. I would be worried about wrecking it on racetrack.

Well, I've got a lot of experience on a race track, so to be honest, unless something mechanically fails the odds are definitely in my favor. I'm far more concerned driving around Houston roads with it!

robert

Originally Posted By: robertcope

Neat, thanks. I'll probably just stick with M1 0W-40. It's always worked for me before and it seems like it agreed with your engine. I've got 108K on mine, it's just a baby!

Wow you did some major surgery on yours. Impressive! Did you do that work?

robert

Yes, I did everything, the whole repair took about 10 months of my spare time. Even learned to TIG weld aluminum specifically for this project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back