Denso 150-2004 cut open (virgin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a bunch of these tiny Densos from RockAuto by mistake since Denso's catalog erroneously specs them for my car, when the larger 150-2006 is the correct one my generation. After prodding RockAuto for an exchange, they did me one better and said "keep the filters and we'll give you a store credit" - what better reason to chop one up for science?

http://imgur.com/a/iayKO

Pardon the mauling job on the can, this is my first-ever C&P - my first attempt with a pair of tin snips failed miserably, so I gave in and ordered the right tool for the job.

Looks very good. Thanks for c&p
smile.gif

They made the adbv similar to Fram, and the bypass is also different than before. I wonder if the two ply media can be seen as separate plies? Completely different design than the old ones. Made in China? Thanks for the pics.

If that Denso doesn't look like the Chinese made Delco below and those other GKI filters that Parts Plus has been using then I don't know what does. Compare with link below

ACDelco PF663

Last edited:
The Denso FTF looks to be solid construction. Recent information in this board says the newer black can FTF ( previous blue) have gone to a China coo. Previous FTF were made in the US and many used silicone adbv, at least those posted here.

Thinking this one is the shorty 6607 equivalent. Quick lubes and shops will down size to this size. In this case two sizes down, skipping the 7317 size.

Thanks for the comments all. This is definitely the Fram 6607 equivalent, the bigger Denso 150-2006 is equal to Fram 7317/Puro 14610.

As others have mentioned, these newer Densos are Chinese and very similar to the cheaper Pronto/Driveworks/Premium Guard/etc filters. Notable differences were the o-ring gasket, different baseplate (which seemed quite heavy IMO), and the media is a much darker color than the other virgin Chinese filters I've seen cut open. The only drawback is that the ADBV is almost certainly nitrile and not silicone like the older Densos, but otherwise these seem very well made.

Originally Posted By: penataquit
... This is definitely the Fram 6607 equivalent, the bigger Denso 150-2006 is equal to Fram 7317/Puro 14610....

That's interesting because if one googles Denso 150-2006 two different results can be found for that FTF number. Amazon and Walmart both show the previous US made Denso FTF to be the 3593A/9688/14459 size application, it's used on most pre-2001/2 Hondas. It's also used on Hyun/Kia vehicles now. And a member posted pics of a dissected one HERE Thus my previous comment on the topic 6607 being two sizes down.

However another member, rustypigeon did post HERE that Denso FTF changed their numbering system when they moved production from the US. As an aside, his Denso showed center tube louvers as opposed to your's using holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back