Dry scratchy throat remedies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fluids are key. I green tea either hot or perhaps iced with honey and lemon juice.

Was sick the past week and the green tea drink probably did the best at alleviating the sore throat symptoms compared to anything else. Also felt well hydrated due to consuming a decent amount of it.

I find a vaporizer used at night helps because winter heating dries out the house (takes the humidity out). I see your in Florida so maybe this won't help you so much although there are 'cool mist' vaporizers.

I had a dry throat to the point I could hardly swallow. Just by chance (looking for something to help) I tried some pear nectar, found it at the Krogers. It worked so well at moisturizing my throat I used it, in the many flavors available , for several days to get through whatever it was that had a hold on me. Great stuff for a distressed throat.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Thinking about Michael Douglass, if it persists, better see a Dr.

At least Mike enjoyed what made him sick....

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Fisherman's Friend throat lozenges.

/Thread

I use the Fisherman's Friend or Brach's peppermints in a pinch.

I keep a bottle of Dr. Mcgillicuddy Apple Pie in the fridge for this before I go to bed in extreme cases.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
What do you guys use for dry, scratchy throat remedies ?

I don't have a cold but throat feels very scratchy.

A fabulous Soprano singer in our choir carries a squirt bottle of Honey in her purse. I have tried it (I'm a Tenor) and now I have a swig before every performance. It doesn't do a total fix, but it significantly alleviates voice cracks, coarseness, scratchiness and halts mucous for a couple of hours.

After retiring early from having mild muscle disease (CMT MD) ten years ago, I decided to see, study, and test most of those vitamins and supplements like one can get at Walmart , etc.

I've come down to eat well like Salmon, brocolli, dried cherries, olives, walnuts, yogurt.......

I think people are really deficient in 2 things that can be added: Vit D-3 of which I take 5k units/day, and Magnesium.

Now this is where it gets tricky; nearly all stores sell 400mg magnesium oxide which won't absorb, so buy some MAGNESIUM MALATE 1250mg off Amazon, and when you get enough down over a period of a few weeks or less, IT WILL MOISTEN YOUR WHOLE BODY, skin, mouth, etc.

You will wake up in morning breathing incredible, and as pain free as possible.

I like the MAGTEIN also which is based on some attached vit c and crosses the brain barrier but approx 3 -4 times pricier.

You can regulate how many pills you take by your mouth moistness; Whwen I get enough my eyes water a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back