Arex Rex Zero 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Looking forward to hearing your impressions of your new "Sig P226 Improved"...aka...AREX Rex Zero One!

I found some discussion indicating its based on the cz99 which dates back to 1989

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Looking forward to hearing your impressions of your new "Sig P226 Improved"...aka...AREX Rex Zero One!

I found some discussion indicating its based on the cz99 which dates back to 1989

The CZ99 is based largely on the Walther P88 when it comes to the guts, and the Walther P88 was an attempt by Walther to "out sig" sig in many ways.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robenstein

The CZ99 is based largely on the Walther P88 when it comes to the guts, and the Walther P88 was an attempt by Walther to "out sig" sig in many ways.

Yep I read some stuff about that too. I'm not worried about how they got to a good gun. It's kind of like my obsession with Fram Ultras... I know it's a good filter and I like it. I think I feel that way about the Rex.

Do I wish it was made in the USA? Of course. But I recognize a quality product at a good price when I see one.

They look well machined, I will give them that. I HATE safeties on pistols, so its a shame they had to put one on there, in my opinion.

Here's my first three magazines at 7 yards. Some of the flyers out of the group would have been the double action pull. I decocked it a couple of times while testing

Awesome looking gun!

How's the trigger?

There actually some really detailed info on the truth about guns review with trigger charts I'll post them but my impressions are that the single action trigger is very nice and short while the DA is heavy and smooth which makes for a great safety feature, this thing ain't going off by accident at about 12 lbs. The single is around 4.5 lbs.

So have you made a 2nd trip to the range yet?

Are you liking it as much as you thought you would?

I've been thinking about going ahead and getting one.

No unfortunately I haven't gotten to the range yet for a proper couple hundred through it.

I like it a lot so far it's just a quality piece overall.

No unfortunately I haven't gotten to the range yet for a proper couple hundred through it.

I like it a lot so far it's just a quality piece overall.

Awesome! Did you get that holster you were talking about? Are you carrying it?

Awesome! Did you get that holster you were talking about? Are you carrying it?

Yeah I carried it today and yesterday, but in a holster not made for it so I ordered a alien gear 3.0 iwb for a Sig sauer Sp2022 which has a very similar trigger guard and if it doesn't fit I'll mold the kydex some.

They make a black arch holster for it but I don't like the way it looks and the alien gear plastic clips are my favorite. My holster just shipped today I'll post pics if it fits.

I got alien gear holster today made for the Sp2022 and it doesn't fit. The trigger guard area looks like it will fit great but apparently the Sig is thinner so it won't work it's way in. I was able to push it in but it will not draw since it's too tight.

I am undecided yet on if I will mold the kydex or just return it and buy one already molded

901- My Alien Gear 3.0 came with extra the spacers needed to expand or contract (adjustable retention) for a custom fit. Did your package include these? If not, maybe you can create enough room by loosening them up a bit, or contact AG and get a set.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: dwcopple
cz999 clone

I have seen them side by side. The AREX is really closer to the SIG in proportions. The CZ99/999 is bulkier and as mentioned is an amalgalm of sig aesthetics with Walther p88 guts.

Here is a pic of the CZ99 next to an Arex.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP58xy2lVko/?taken-by=militaryarms&hl=en
that is a 99, not a 999. The REX is made from CZ999 frame and slide blanks. The internals of the slide are identical and part swappable. The frame has a bit of diff machine work due to the safety on the REX. Why REX didn't go ambi on the slide stop/decocker is beyond me. CZ999 has it
Rex Slide:
20160511_112422-1024x576.jpg

CZ999 Slide:
20130504_145634_zpsca1b0f0c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back