My new RAM Big Horn 4x4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Delta
Congrats on the new ride! May it serve you many years trouble free!

BTW, nothing like the new car/truck smell!
24 month lease

As to the 3.6l, the Pentastar is a gem. The 8 speed keeps it right where you need it. Awesome combo. Good for light towing too.

Very nice.I have a 2005 Ram 2500 and love it.Seriously considering buying a new Ram 1500 as i don't need a 2500.Hmmmm

Nice truck and nice deal. I like the idea of leasing a FIAT product to make sure you don't get stuck with that occasional lemon.

Nice truck!! I'm considering buying a ram myself. I bought my 2001 GMC brand new back in 2000. It's about time for a upgrade. 17yrs this coming thanksgiving with the same truck. It's pushing 221,000 miles. I really like your truck. Sharp.

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
I would be interested to drive one with the 3.6. I like that engine.
the Pentastar is spectacular. Imagine how much of a monster it feels like in our 200. Rocketship.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
the Pentastar is spectacular. Imagine how much of a monster it feels like in our 200. Rocketship.

That is like my dream beater car when they're 10-11 years old and cheap. Probably so many people end up with them and have no idea what they're getting into.

Have you had any issues with your 200? I hear they keep the dealership service department in business.

Originally Posted By: gregk24

Have you had any issues with your 200? I hear they keep the dealership service department in business.
Not one thing yet (knock on wood). It only has 38K on it but it had 17K on it when we got it. Had to replace the junk Goodyear OEM tires and it instantly became a better handler by leaps and bounds. Maybe the newer body style 200's (Dart) are the problematic ones. Ours is the facelifted Sebring one.

Great truck! You will love the Pentastar 3.6L, and hopefully FCA has the ZF tranny sorted out for 2017. Prior ZFs, including my Challenger & Jeep, have TSBs requiring re-flashes for clunky shifts after a few thousand miles.

Originally Posted By: harbor
Great truck! You will love the Pentastar 3.6L, and hopefully FCA has the ZF tranny sorted out for 2017. Prior ZFs, including my Challenger & Jeep, have TSBs requiring re-flashes for clunky shifts after a few thousand miles.

Just an added datapoint, my 15 Jeep 8 speed with about 15k miles has been clunk-free so far. Pentastar, so it's the ZF made here. This tranny is actually quite addictive IMHO.

I have to be completely honest. I love the RAM trucks and they are LIGHT YEARS ahead in interior design over the Ford and GM. I am in the market for a new truck (going to give my like new 06 Sierra Denali to my son) and it is NOT going to be a GM. I fell in love with the Laramie Longhorn interior and luxury. I love the in floor bins, the dash, the tooled leather and 4 corner air suspension. I can even get a loaded one less than I can get a GM truck with my GM employee discount. I am so impressed with my wife's 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, that the RAM is looking sweet to me because it shares the same NAV screen and other details. NICE TRUCKS!

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I am in the market for a new truck and it is NOT going to be a GM.
Smart man ^^^

That Chevy was a royal POS I had before this. 5 recalls, rattles from loose screws, sloppy trans shifts with over-rev, awful wet traction, erratic stereo. The RAM is lightyears better interior wise, yes.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Confusing - you are in GM management and don't buy GM ? Is this some other GM ?

Probably doesn't buy GM because he is in GM management LOL.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Originally Posted By: 4WD
Confusing - you are in GM management and don't buy GM ? Is this some other GM ?

Probably doesn't buy GM because he is in GM management LOL.

From what I've read (mostly on this board) there is plenty of discouragement from driving the competition. Or at least Asian.

Methinks Dodge would want to cut some nice perks on the price, if GMBoy goes in and shows his business card. Pretty decent advertising, Dodge would get, if GMBoy would park his nice new shiny RAM in the GM parking lot.

[Is it Dodge or RAM now?]

Nice looking truck for sure!! Some people complain that the Ram's are looking a bit dated but I think they got it right. Much nicer interior and exterior then the other big two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back